leupold golden ring binos.

mdbrown

Long Time Member
does anyone know about the leupold golden ring binos? there a thousand at cabelas. im just wondering if there worth it.?

I'm sure that they are good but for $300-400 more you can get the Swarovski or Leica's and better quality. But that is my opinion, and what do I know.
Check out all of the best with your eyes first before buying, then decide which and how much you want to spend. Not everyone has the same vision and YOU need to look through each pair with your eyesight to see which are the best. GOOD LUCK.

Brian

mdbrown,

Go to the Main page where you log in at and look at the top of the page for the CLASSIFIED ADS and open that up. A couple of good buys there for you in your price range.

brian

Leupold claims they will be the best bino on the market.

Personally I am skeptical especially at $1000.

I am going to wait until they come out and if they are as good as they say I may consider using them as I prefer USA made on anything.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-05 AT 07:34AM (MST)[p]Don't discount the boys at Leupold so quickly. I Have a couple of pairs of their Binoculars for archery that were a compact model and work very well. I also had a pair of some of their first golden ring binoculars that I gave to a family member that still has them 25 years later and they are clear as a bell. All of their products are guaranteed for life and they do stand behind their product. By the way the compact binoculars were made for them by a little company I think the name was Leitz, which today is the brand known as Leica. The age of computers has simplified lens design which has streamlined the optics business to a large extent. Leupold can and does have the technology to be able to build a product that would compete with the big names but I don't think the market share numbers were there to go head to head with the big 3 in the past. Maybe today their research has shown it is viable and remember that the big 3 prices have edged up over that $1500.00 point so maybe there's a nice market segment that could be had in the $800-1100 range where Khales and Minox are sitting currently.
One things for sure it will have one of the best warranties in the business backed by a great reputation and that's a big plus today. You may just want to look at something like that because it may suit your needs just fine.

SLCs for $900 or $1000 ?

The Leupolds have 42mm objective lens. I can't find 40mm SLCs for less than $1100 to $1200 (new), but if you shop around, you can find the new Leupold Gold Rings for under $900. I havn't looked through a pair yet, but I'm hearing that opticaly, they are at least as good, if not better than SLCs.
They are kinda heavy at 33.6 ozs, about 3 oz heavier than the Gold Rings.

well i went and tryed all of the high end binos with my mind set on the leupolds there was no comparison the swarovskis and leicas are allot and im a major leupold fan im going to buy a set of el 10x42. its only money im not spending on any controlled hunts. i cant seem to draw anything. i know whine whine.meat down brown

I'd like to know where a guy can find NIB 10x42 SLC's for $900.00-$1,000.00?

I think the new Gold Rings will be great binos, but I'm not sure I'd want to be the first guy on the block to own them. I think I'd wait a while and see how they pan out for sure. The one thing I have noticed from the pictures I've seen online is the brown color is butt ugly!..... :D :D :D

anaconda
yes i looked through the ultravids and ziess i really liked the ultrivids a little better but the dealer said there warrenty coverd anything but abuse. he said the swarovskis were coverd no matter what i asked if i ran over them or towed them behind my horse --- no problem he said. thats what sold me. i am going to buy them next week . mdb

The dealer told you wrong....If Leicas are purchased from an authorized dealer, they carry a lifetime "Passport" warranty that covers any damage, even if it were your fault. Leica states you can gather up the pieces and send to them, and as long as the serial number is visible, they'll take care of you.

well now that could change everything . i did like the leicas a tad better. thanks for the info.mdb

has anyone looked through the NEW gold rings yet?

they were supposed to be out in the spring and my local dealers are still waiting.

Isnt that what this thread was about anyway??

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-05 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]yea i looked through them at sportsmans warehouse in boise. i wasnt impressed and am not going to buy them even though i own and love there rifle scopes. im going to guy this weekend but i havent decided either leicas or swarovskis though.MDB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom