leupold rx-11

I've had one for a couple of months & like it a lot. It is a little complicated & the instructions are written very poorly. I called Leupold & suggested they improve the operating instructions. Once you get your settings set up, It's easy to use. I've been using it, ranging various objects, improving my distance judging. Good optics.

I have the RX-3 and agree with Swisslake. Poorly written instructions. I also had to call Leupold to figure things out. You get a little more info on the web site but still need further explanation to fully understand. I'm not sure I like the calculations they do to determine where to aim or not. I need to get more in field use. For example, I was 10 yards away from a tall building and ranged high up on the building at a 53 degree angle and the RX-3 told me to aim at 17 yards for the "A-bow" setting. The range finder actually takes into account the speed and balistics of what ever gun or bow you are using to determine the distance you should use to aim with. It does not simply give you the horizontal distance to the target. I'll provide more info once I've had a chance to play with this thing. The optics seem very clear.

Carl

I am also considering selling my Leica LRF 900 and getting one of these. Any other comments would be great.

I primarily bowhunt and am trying to decide between the II and the III. I like the fact that the III is waterproof and has an illuminating backlight, but I don't know if that is worth an extra $100.

Has anyone compared these with a Leica, or owned both? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

cpugsie,
I'm interested in one of the RX-ll's also. Are you saying it does not give you a horizontal distance at all? In the examples I've seen so far on the website it shows a down hill and uphill shot and in the sample of the view it shows in the lower right hand corner the horizontal distance and in the middle the TBR distance. Are we talking about the same thing?

The tree stand shot shows 40 yards to the target and to aim for 34 yards.

Th RX II has the ability to turn the horizontal distance off or on. It will give you horizontial distance or TBR distance. Figuring out how to get the settings you want is a little tricky until you figue it out.

For shooting either a gun or bow, I'm not sure why you would want it set on "horizontal distance"?

I just bought the Nikon Monarch laser 800 and from what I've seen so far I like it. I only archery hunt so line of sight is fine for me. I know to subtract distance for steep uphill and downhill shots so I thought the Nikon was the way to go. There were too many bad reviews on the Leupold so I will wait before I buy a TBR rangefinder.

The Nikon was brighter and it was much faster at picking up and giving readings on dark surfaces plus it's waterproof and fogprooof so we will see how it works.
I looked at the Leica and it really nice too but twice as much.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom