Leupold Wind River spotting scope??

E

eastkoothunter

I was looking at the Leupold Wind River spotting scope today and it seemed really nice. It has good power (15-45x60mm) and comes from a good brand (also fits my price range), but if any of you guys/girls out there have any more info to whether this scope is better or worse in anyway please let me know, so I can purchase it or move on to another one. Thanks, Cris

early to bed, early to rise, hunt like hell and make up lies!

We have one of those spotting scopes. Works really well except we kinda scratched the lens when we were goat hunting. Very clear spotting scope. Leupold is an excellent choice.

Save your money and get a better scope. This scope looks great during the daylight, but when you lose a little light it gets really dark and not real clear. With spotting scopes, you get what you pay for. I've owned mine for three years, but I stopped using it after the first year. It carries the Leupold name, but it is not Leupold quality. Save another $400 and buy the real Leupold glass or look to buy used. It took me three years of saving, but I finally broke down and bought the Swaro.

There's more on this subject in the past about 2-3 months back.

I'll sell mine just as soon as I can.

Just my two cents.

Take care,
Garion

Thanks for that comment. I will start to save my money for a better scope (hopefully not to long).
Cris

early to bed, early to rise, hunt like hell and make up lies!

For the Money it's not bad.I wasn't happy with mine.I sold it on E-Bay and bought a Leupold 15x45.Well I'm still not Happy so I will sell it and buy the Swarovski 65!!! Good Luck

I had the wind river and it wasn't clear enough to tell anything about tine length. Infact my 6.5 x 20 leupold scope on my rifle was better at picking out details than the spotting scope.

I sold it on e-bay at 50% of what I paid for it. They probably are worth $150, but they are not worth the $300+ they are asking new. It is better than nothing, but don't expect to be looking at small points over about 200 yards.

Garbage scope - don't buy one! I have one - need to sell it and pick up the real glass I've been saving for... Zeiss Diascope!

the Nikon is better than the Windriver. I have both and the Nikon is a much better scope. If anybody wants the windriver I would sell it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom