LH 10/22

Captain_coues

Very Active Member
Last edited:
It seems like it’s important for it to have a 16” barrel. Why is everyone doing that? I know it doesn’t need to be a 26 incher but would a 20” be so bad on a rim fire? Anschutz does that too. You almost can’t buy one of theirs without a 16” barrel, centerfire or rimfire. That’s my only gripe, it kind of looks like a kids toy.

It seems like it’s important for it to have a 16” barrel. Why is everyone doing that? I know it doesn’t need to be a 26 incher but would a 20” be so bad on a rim fire? Anschutz does that too. You almost can’t buy one of theirs without a 16” barrel, centerfire or rimfire. That’s my only gripe, it kind of looks like a kids toy.
why do you want a 20" barrel on a .22lr other than the feel of a larger gun? My kids have a couple compact .22's and I actually prefer them, they are light and handy. Perfect little truck guns.

Anything past 16” doesn’t really do much for a 22 other than maybe help balance on a rifle depending on how it’s setup. Also there is little to no velocity gain past 16” on a 22 rimfire.

I ordered one......no guess on when it will get here...

I never knew you shoot left handed. I’m having trouble getting any rifle ordered. That goes for a Savage Impulse in 30-06. I can get any of the others, but the 06 is a tough one. As far as your 10/22, think about ordering a few extra magazines. Those might be a long ways out and they’re left hand specific for that rifle.

Anything past 16” doesn’t really do much for a 22 other than maybe help balance on a rifle depending on how it’s setup. Also there is little to no velocity gain past 16” on a 22 rimfire.

I know. It just seems like a small kids toy. I’m sure I can get over it. It doesn’t bug me that much. I have a .270 Stainless Stalker with an 18” barrel and a 6 ppc Sako Vixen with a 18” barrel that weighs 5 pounds and I don’t let either bother me. It’s just the shock of first seeing it and right away my eyes go to the barrel length when I size it up from a far.

"kids toy" makes it a perfect fit for some of us!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom