Lifesize bighorn sheep mounts!

ruthunter

Looking to get my desert bighorn ram life-sized but haven't settled on a pose. Anybody with pics care to share some different mounts?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-13 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-13 AT 08:33?PM (MST)

pretty basic pose, put a lot of work into both the base and mount, pretty cool to have my brothers help with the hunt and follow up with the one mounting it for me
80sam_0729.jpg

3760sam_0739.jpg

8669ram.jpg

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Check out Dwayne Dewey's website.
Look at his sheep gallery for a bunch of different life-size poses. He is one of the best in the business with sheep www.deweywildlife.com
If you don't already have a taxidermist, I recommend Paul Pennie (High Country Horns). He is BLT on this site.
He also specializes in life-size sheep.

How about some pics of your ram.

I have my desert sheep mounted but I haven't settled on a base. I think the best place to look is at live sheep pictures. Find one that grabs you

2244hamberlin_2013_028-35.jpg

Good looking mount. I don't have a life-size of my desert ram, but I did life-size a book Stone sheep. In my very humble opinion, the "ass-high" pose for life-sized sheep seems very over done by today's taxis. I had my Stone ram mounted as though he was ascending a rock face, not descending. Just my preference, but I prefer a head-high pose for a regal ram... rather than the ass-high pose so often seen today. That said... whatever turns you on!

>I have my desert sheep mounted
>but I haven't settled on
>a base. I think the
>best place to look is
>at live sheep pictures. Find
>one that grabs you
>
>
2244hamberlin_2013_028-35.jpg

Wow! Your ram looks awesome! Thx guys for the pics so far.

Paul Pennie. He is located in Alpine. Paul's sheep are always on display at the Hunt Expo out in the lobby. He does fantastic sheep. Check out his website.

Little Bighorn you were sure right about that Dewey stuff...really really top shelf

I LOOOOOVE that Mountins Lion and Sheep mount...not just great taxidemy the sweeping motion of the pose and and the sensation of speed and focus...wow really great

>Little Bighorn you were sure right
>about that Dewey stuff...really really
>top shelf
>
>I LOOOOOVE that Mountins Lion and
>Sheep mount...not just great taxidemy
>the sweeping motion of the
>pose and and the sensation
>of speed and focus...wow really
>great

+1 excellent mount! I love the lion chasing the ram. Keep em coming..

There are a few good desert forms out there,,,most of your custom poses come from forms that have been altered with change out heads,which means extra costs...IMO don't be afraid to pay for custom work on both the mount and the habitat....it's a trophy of a lifetime and you will spend a lifetime looking at it...if your taxi is good and understands correct sheep anatomy and knows how to correctly fit the FORM to the SKIN...you will end up with a piece of art...you can't go wrong with Dewey forms and change out heads...That's my 2cents...
A few pics for ideas
8781image.jpg

12image.jpg

4319image.jpg

8143image.jpg

2532image.jpg

2749image.jpg

5005image.jpg

6894image.jpg

Most of these forms have been altered some...collect live pics of sheep that you like and have your taxi find or alter a form to match what you want,,,hope this helps:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom