Lifetime tag or LE tag

Muleman1

Very Active Member
How many people would choose a lifetime general deer tag and no option for LE tag or keep it the way it is if you had the option to choose one or the other ? just for shites and giggles

I wouldn't want that. I've been able to draw a general season tag every year for the past 20 years or how ever long it's been part of the draw and I've drawn a couple LE tags in the past 32 years with a very good chance of drawing another LE deer and pronghorn in the next 8-10 years.

I’d take a lifetime license over LE if I had the opportunity. I’m completely content with OTC and GS hunts in Utah. Being able to hunt deer guaranteed every year means more to me than a “maybe” only a few times in my life. Sure elk and pronghorn are cool, but honestly cows and spikes are just as thrilling to hunt for me as big bulls are. Deer, however, is where my real passion is.

for instance, I drew a LE muzzy elk tag this year with only 3 points. I know where some stomper bulls are that are still alive. Sure I’m excited for the opportunity to go hunt them again so soon after the last time I drew, but I’m honestly hoping I can get one killed within the first 1.5 days of the hunt so I can make it out in time for the deer opener on Wednesday.

I'm like Ridge, I've always had gs tags never not drawn. Picked up a couple of elk and deer hunts, and one sheep.

There's no guarantees in life. I'll take opportunity any day.

I can't believe how hard it's getting to draw a general deer tag. Doesn't help that I would like to hunt where our cabin is I guess.

There's no guarantees in life. I'll take opportunity any day.

I can't believe how hard it's getting to draw a general deer tag. Doesn't help that I would like to hunt where our cabin is I guess.
I thought you had a lifetime tag ?

If I was a lot younger and with little or no LE deer points, I could see why it would be a good idea to take the lifetime general option but since I already have 12 LE points and only about 10 years left to hunt on a yearly basis. I prefer to keeps things the same as they are.

Wish I did. I was a young buck back then. However, I'm old enough to remember the days of being able to go buy a tag at the store.
You could still buy them over the counter for a couple years after they stopped selling lifetime licenses. The first year the state limited the amount of deer tags sold was a clusterf*&k. You could still buy them at the local gun store that was a license vendor and the state way oversold the amount of tags that it was supposed to be capped at, 94k cap if I recall correctly.

With all the tags up for raffle every year at expos, foundation banquets, and landowner’s I’d like to raffle my lifetime license.
I've often wondered what we could get for our lifetime license if they were transferable. At the SFW expo auction, 200k? More, less? For a lifetime of deer tags and a room full of rich drunk guys I'm betting higher than 200k. Any opinions or guesses out there?

Maybe the state will allocate a dozen more lifetime licenses to be auctioned by SFW in the future:eek:

I've often wondered what we could get for our lifetime license if they were transferable. At the SFW expo auction, 200k? More, less? For a lifetime of deer tags and a room full of rich drunk guys I'm betting higher than 200k.

Maybe the state will allocate a dozen more lifetime licenses to be auctioned by SFW in the future:eek:
That would be fun to see if they could do that. I will have to mention it to the SFW higher ups the next time I see one of them. ???

I've often wondered what we could get for our lifetime license if they were transferable. At the SFW expo auction, 200k? More, less? For a lifetime of deer tags and a room full of rich drunk guys I'm betting higher than 200k. Any opinions or guesses out there?
I’d take the 200k right now!!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom