Lighted Nocks

For those of you who shoot lighted nocks, is there a preference you have found that you like one brand over the other? Is there a noticeable drop at longer distance (50+ yards)? I am thinking on switching to a lighted nock for hunting this season but was just curious what some you have experienced with them. Thanks for any input.

I have been shooting Clean Shot Lighted nocks a bit this year.

They have been super accurate, but drop about 5 or 6" at 65 yards.

They are also a tiny bit loose in my GT Velocity 340's with the right collar. My normal setup is with the shortest normal .246 diameter nock GT makes, so there is a pretty big difference in length of my overall arrow with them vs my normal setup.

For any sort of tight cover or treestand work where you're not having to huck, I'm perfectly confident in them. Also the battery in my practice one has been perfect after 30 or 40 shots all year. Just have to make sure to pop it back out to turn it off.

Just my $0.02 as I think lighted nocks are fun to shoot when just out practicing.

Cheers, Pete

I have been shooting Clean Shot Lighted nocks a bit this year.

They have been super accurate, but drop about 5 or 6" at 65 yards.

They are also a tiny bit loose in my GT Velocity 340's with the right collar. My normal setup is with the shortest normal .246 diameter nock GT makes, so there is a pretty big difference in length of my overall arrow with them vs my normal setup.

For any sort of tight cover or treestand work where you're not having to huck, I'm perfectly confident in them. Also the battery in my practice one has been perfect after 30 or 40 shots all year. Just have to make sure to pop it back out to turn it off.

Just my $0.02 as I think lighted nocks are fun to shoot when just out practicing.

Cheers, Pete
Thanks for the info. I am going to pick up a couple different brands and see what I like best.

I will get back with you on brand....you can get them at cabelas and sportsman's for fairly cheap, 25$ish a box of 5 believe.

They worked pretty good, some seemed to work better than others, and they did make my arrows drop fairly significantly. I don't shoot them anymore because I don't really feel the need for them is significant other than finding my arrow after.

@YumaOutdoorsman, if you would, please keep us posted what brand you find and like best. I was just helping a buddy on his late archery hunt and he was shooting lighted nocks. It was really sweet to be able to see the arrow so easily in flight. Thinking I may need to make a switch to them as well but don't love the idea of adding weight on the very back end of the arrow.

@YumaOutdoorsman, if you would, please keep us posted what brand you find and like best. I was just helping a buddy on his late archery hunt and he was shooting lighted nocks. It was really sweet to be able to see the arrow so easily in flight. Thinking I may need to make a switch to them as well but don't love the idea of adding weight on the very back end of the arrow.
I definitely will. The videos I’ve seen, they look pretty cool to shoot.

These are what I am going to try first. I should get them by Friday and will be shooting them next weekend.

These are what I am going to try first. I should get them by Friday and will be shooting them next weekend.
Awesome! Will definitely be curious what you think and if they are having any POI changes on longer yardage shots.

I found some Nocturnals today in my archery bin. I must have bought some a while back. Packaging says they weigh 20 grains which is an additional 12 to the normal G nocks I use so feeling is they will have minimal affect. Will have to get out and shoot them to find out.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but heard the cheap nock offs on Amazon are actually really good. Try to remember to follow up when I get mine.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but heard the cheap nock offs on Amazon are actually really good. Try to remember to follow up when I get mine.
I bought and tried some NAP Thunderglos from CamoFire. Would not recommend. They use plastic bushings to adapt to some arrows, in my case Goldtip Kinetics. Had the pin of the nock blow through the side of the plastic bushing and derail my string on my 70# Mathews HTR. Shop had to replace a draw module and repair a gouge/splinter in my limb. Cost me a couple of hundred to repair my bow I think. Had a couple of the cheap plastic nocks on them unknowingly crack as well.

Ended up buying some Nocturnals from the archery shop. Much more robust construction with aluminum bushings from what I recall but haven’t had a chance to try them out yet...

Horniac

I have the Deepower nocks from Amazon. On standard diameter arrows they flew the same as the factory nocks and are at least as reliable as any other ive tried in the past as far as lighting up when fired. The nocks did not work on my micro diameter arrows, inconsistent flight, even with fieldpoints.

Bought a dozen off Amazon $12.99/six and have shot several hundred times and all have worked great, still bright after couple months of shooting 4-5 days a week.

I've tried both of those. For the price, they seem good to me.
Thanks for the link. Ordered some and they fit good and work great. Going to try one this week turkey hunting. Hopefully I can find my arrow in the grass after it blows through the bird.
How do you carry the tiny screwdriver in the field? Needs to be accessible incase you nock the arrow to hard on the string and turn it on. I did this but open to better ideas.

34B41C69-7902-42BA-A01F-E65DCE9D5306.jpeg
9344BF33-21F5-4A2F-A3E4-5EC95009B389.jpeg

How do you carry the tiny screwdriver in the field?
I haven't figured that out yet. The other nocks I listed have a button that you slide with your finger, but some of them are REALLY stiff. I don't know which I like more, both have pros and cons.

I haven't figured that out yet. The other nocks I listed have a button that you slide with your finger, but some of them are REALLY stiff. I don't know which I like more, both have pros and cons.
Those lighted nicks worked great this morning. I should of taken a picture. But in 10 to 12 inches of grass the stuck out.
I ended up taping the above string and tiny screwdriver so it would fit tightly in a Bic pen cap. Worked great. That way I could keep it in my pocket with out getting stuck.
BEA5755A-F83F-4F5D-8BE0-90F85C184D07.jpeg

My lighted nock worked great this morning! Looked good sticking in the side of my blind and made my arrow easy to find! I guess with all my excitement with the Tom being at 5 yards it was just too close for my arrow to clear the sill of the blind window. What an idiot. At least it wasn’t a camera I hit this time ??Horniac
58D3C1CA-8C16-446D-AE66-3BA666B64FBC.png

My lighted nock worked great this morning! Looked good sticking in the side of my blind and made my arrow easy to find! I guess with all my excitement with the Tom being at 5 yards it was just too close for my arrow to clear the sill of the blind window. What an idiot. At least it wasn’t a camera I hit this time ??Horniac View attachment 110173
I have put a few X’s in my blinds over the years. ??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom