lightweight gear durability

prizes14

I'm thinking of buying some lightweight hunting clothes, probably a step below Sitka and Kuiu and wondering how durable they are. Will it hold up walking through oak brush or thick cedar trees? What about crossing a barbed wire fence? I don't want to spend a ton of money just to have it rip in the thick stuff I normally hunt.

My opinion is SKRE will be the best bang for your buck. This will be my 5th year wearing the same SKRE gear that I originally bought and I have been nothing but pleased with the performance. I have about every piece of gear they offer and have scouted/hunted in just about every condition the backcountry has to offer. The gear has been well worth its weight in gold. It's quality gear that is light weight, durable and functions in every situation I've put it through.

Perhaps even more impressive than the gear itself, is the customer service at SKRE. It is as good as you will find. They have VIP sizing guarantee (they pay for shipping back and forth till you get your right size) and everyone I have made contact with--on the phone or in person--about gear questions, sizing, etc. has gone above and beyond what I expected. I have noticed that they have listened to feedback and made improvements to certain clothing items and continue to launch new items that people have expressed interest in--solid colors being the most recent. They have made it easy to get behind as a customer and I would highly recommend trying their stuff out.

I've used some of KUIU and Sitka's stuff and they are also very nice. But you pay a premium for the name. In my experience, SKRE has been just as good of quality at a much friendlier price point and they always have sales going on.

My go to is Firstlite , I have a closet full of Sitka KUIU SKRE. I was skeptical about the merino wool, but I will not buy anything but it after using it for years. I wear the same gear year round 95 degree weather to minus 20 !! merino socks the corrugate Guide pants hat & gloves !! SKRE is my 2nd choice better material Way better priced than Sitka & KUIU

My go to is Firstlite , I have a closet full of Sitka KUIU SKRE. I was skeptical about the merino wool, but I will not buy anything but it after using it for years. I wear the same gear year round 95 degree weather to minus 20 !! merino socks the corrugate Guide pants hat & gloves !! SKRE is my 2nd choice better material Way better priced than Sitka & KUIU

I've heard great things about Firstlite as well and also love merino. It's the best. I'm glad SKRE has come out with a merino line and it sounds like they're going to be coming out with more. Definitely a game changer.

I've beat the hell out of a pair of sitka pants hoodies coats for 10 years no reason to try anything else!

I've heard great things about Firstlite as well and also love merino. It's the best. I'm glad SKRE has come out with a merino line and it sounds like they're going to be coming out with more. Definitely a game changer.
Yes indeed I liked SKRE's gear but didnt care for the pants pocket placement . Compared to Sitka & KUIU better quality better price for sure.If their Merino is top notch they will be a big player, I will stay with Firstlite myself hard to try another merino gear when I am 110% Satisfied with what I am using now. SKRE will & is doing good

I use and abuse my Sitka and Kuiu and believe they are worth every penny. Just about every piece of Sitka and Kuiu I've bought over the years has been bought online for around 1/2 price when on sale.

One shirt that is a little less $ that I wear often is Cabelas micro-fleece.....the heavier fabric. They wear like iron, dry fast, super quiet, and work fantastic when layering.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom