Limited out this morning

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
15-18" Bows. Trolling with Crawdad Crankbait and 2nd pole was Vibrax Fire Tiger. I appreciated my buddy who took us on his boat. This was my first outing this year . The wife has been getting my help all the other days off from my employer.
Weather was mild and saw Grebes, Mergansers and a Bald Eagle that just stayed perched on a rock. All the rains have kept the area as green as can be for sagebrush habitat. I either cook the fisg in the smoker or bake them and make fish.patties after baking.

20230602_151407.jpg

brook tr

brook trout right from the creek are edible......don't take them home.....squish fish....yuck
Patties are different though and I agree though with pan fried. For instance I caught Goldens in the Pioneer Range and we used McCormick Grill Chicken Seasoning on them. Placed in foil with Coconut Oil and set on the coals (no flame) .
They came out with black skin and I feared they would be burnt , but alas, we peeled the skin off and they were the best I've ever had as the freshness was a delight. I was shocked that the meat want flavored from the charred skin.
However, Brookies are actually a Char and the white flaky meat is milder and sweeter. The Brook are a different species. They don't have as much Omega 3 oil as other trout but are less gamey flavored.

I heard they are boney and I can't stand crunching a fish bone . Mrs DM caught an 18" Grayling and we released it. It would have been the record for Idaho. I didn't know so I have a hard time with that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom