Ling Cod Special

peez3006

I went fishing yesterday, out of Avila, on the Pacific Horizon. Western Outdoor News chartered the boat and called it the "Lincod Special".
It was a little choppy and windy but we made it out to Pt Purisma. The action was never wide open, but we picked away at the fish all day. The 30 anglers ended up with 14 legal lings, 4 cabezons, and limits of nice rockfish. The jackpot fish was a 11 lb 12oz ling. I managed a 7lb 10 oz ling, and a 8lb 12oz cabby. Another great day on the water!

Yeah, they did. We left as the 4th quarter was starting, and it was a close game to that point. Then it got ugly! Oh well. Might be a long season for the Cats! Let me know when you want to go fishing. We'll do it!

Don .

Where do you live Don?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I'm going to eat the ling or cabby next. Havn't had time with all the buck hunting lately. Heading out for Wyoming tomorrow afternoon. Have me a fish fry when I get back.

Don P.

#1 mistake is freezing that fish, Don. Nothing like a fish fry with fish caught the same day. Gotta do what you gotta do though. Good luck in WY.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wisz, when you catch as many fish as Don and I do you have to freeze some. lol You're right though. We always have a fish fry when I get back from deep sea fishing!!! We mix milk and eggs, dip the fish in that, roll in Kellogg's corn flake crumbs, and then deep fry in my Fry Daddy". pc

Same here, Paul. Milk, egg, and I make a bag of flour with some Suzie Q BBQ seasoning all mixed together and fry it up with that on the fish filets. When done just right it kicks the sh!t out of the best filet mignon in my opinion.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom