LINK TO WHAT THE HUNT-EXPO AUCTION TAGS SOLD FOR!!!

Hey Hossy!

I'd Guess When PISSCUTTERS Get Smaller So Does The Price To Hunt Them!

Anybody Know If We've Got A Repeat Buyer On The ALCATRAZ Tag?

How can prices be down?

This is about ConSERvaTIon, shouldn't they go up yearly with all the concerned conservationists?

Fun story.

Go to RMEF banquet, I buy tickets.

Bid on some Peak meals, cist me $300 but it comes with key.

At end of night, folks with keys get chance to open box.

Let my oldest try the key, and boom, box opens, inside is a Henry .22lr lever. I'm happy, I always wanted one.

Little **** texts his mom, tells her he just won a gun.

I chose peace over justice. Then had to drive to Heber to pick it up.

Fast forward a year, same kid wants a Keltec 9mm "rifle".

So old dad gets propositioned to buy a shot once, Henry .22 lever.

I spent $600 on that gun.

Still sulking

Fun story.

Let my oldest try the key, and boom, box opens, inside is a Henry .22lr lever. I'm happy, I always wanted one.

Still sulking
One sucker born everyday! 😀

So?

In The End!

You Got What You Wanted!:D

Fun story.

Still sulking

You know what blows my mind? The other states' prime tags being auctioned off in Utah. They may be thrilled to get those numbers, but they too are doing it at the expense of their own resident hunters. Why would a wealthy Wyoming citizen want to compete with the whole world for a Govenor's tag hunt held in Wyoming ? And then pay some of that money to a Utah Conservation group and a Utah auctioneer and a Utah convention facility? I wonder how many state citizens actually get their own State's Governors tag!

You know what blows my mind? The other states' prime tags being auctioned off in Utah. They may be thrilled to get those numbers, but they too are doing it at the expense of their own resident hunters. Why would a wealthy Wyoming citizen want to compete with the whole world for a Govenor's tag hunt held in Wyoming ? And then pay some of that money to a Utah Conservation group and a Utah auctioneer and a Utah convention facility? I wonder how many state citizens actually get their own State's Governors tag!

according to the onlinehuntingauctions TOS, the admin fee is only $250 added on to the sale price. This is true whether a WY group sells in as part of something like the Expo or sells it as a standalone action (which a lot of the smaller groups do).

Again using WY as an example, most of the comm and gov tags go to local groups with a minority going to national groups like MDF.

I think the smaller groups attach themselves to bigger auctions simply to have a larger bidding audience but I don't think is costs them $$ to do so for the most part.

according to the onlinehuntingauctions TOS, the admin fee is only $250 added on to the sale price. This is true whether a WY group sells in as part of something like the Expo or sells it as a standalone action (which a lot of the smaller groups do).

Again using WY as an example, most of the comm and gov tags go to local groups with a minority going to national groups like MDF.

I think the smaller groups attach themselves to bigger auctions simply to have a larger bidding audience but I don't think is costs them $$ to do so for the most part.
Thanks! I was thinking about the money, but also about the access. I'd be surprised if more than a few Wyoming hunters even knew that those tags were being auctioned off in Utah. In any case it would be good to know who those tags went to. What do you think would happen if Utah DWR started auctioning tags in Wyoming? Or do they already?

Wyoming F&G has a tab on their website that lists all the gov and comm tags, which org has them, contact info, how sold, etc.

you have to know its there, but WY is pretty transparent about where they go and what they sell for.

Personally I keep a spreadsheet and I think I bid at eleven auctions before I finally snagged one.

Thanks. Then I'll pose the second question to the Utahns reading this post. Would you want the UDWR to auction Utah hunts in another state?

I Don't Think They Care About Our Wants!

I Don't Think They'd Ever Let That Happen In This State!

That'd Be Kinda Like Giving Money Away Wouldn't It?

Thanks. Then I'll pose the second question to the Utahns reading this post. Would you want the UDWR to auction Utah hunts in another state?

Do the suppliers of the Tags that bring in the big money get a chunk of the proceeds for the donations?

I did see that some of the guided hunts and some tags that I’ll never draw like a UT bear tag were in Mrs Sikora or Weiner and my price range. Now who knows how bad the guy that won the item was willing to go

Fun story.

Still sulking
Mrs Sikora won a generic 22 automatic and her brother Jr won 10 more raffle tickets worth $200 and a .380 pistol at the DU 52 gun raffle they have every year. My family normally wins something each year. It’s a good time and where else can you drink beer at 10:30 in the morning and eat hotdogs and chips for free! Yum!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom