Lions are Active in CO... Lion killed with bare hands...

Dang! I know there's cats right here above my house. I might better watch out. I take my dog, but he'd just runaway and leave me to be eaten.
Hope that guy over there is ok.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Wow.

Lions have dang sharp teeth and claws. Choking out a lion to save yourself is quite an account!

The guy had puncture bites to his head, arms and back. The lion hit him from the rear as he was jogging.
Brian when walking the dog, pack a good size pistol with you for two and four legged predators.

RELH

Just read an article I think from Idaho where a female homeowner jumped in to separate her dog from a dog fight and realized she had a hold of a juvenile mountain lion. She held on tight and called her husband to come outside where they dispatched the cat. Cat weighed 35 pounds

With all thats related in the news, more cats showing up on cameras, my first encounter this last fall, leads me to believe populations are increasing.
Or maybe it's more daring juvenile cats
Or does the age restrictions on hunts play a part?

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

Aren't juveniles being kicked off this time of year? Out looking for territory and food.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Juveniles should have been kicked out octoberish... I know I've caught them that time of year on they're own anyway... Usually just a few tail twitches and a more scared than angry hiss and they're happy to be away from you. Funny part about cats in a trap is if you have a dog with you, they almost don't acknowledge your existence. That must be some seriously engrained fear of wolves of a millenia...

it ain't that easy to choke out a scratching biting alley cat......this dude is a stud. I want to hear his version....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

The county open space he was running in is a gun free zone. At tonights CP&W sportsmen's roundtable CP&W officers overemphasized not being critical of the runner. I don't think they knew their audience.

#livelikezac

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-19 AT 05:14AM (MST)[p]The investigating officers said he was able to thump it with a rock before choking it to death. They estimated it at 80lbs as it was partially consumed by scavengers (I suspect by another lion) and were unable to determine the cats sex. The open space is temporarily closed due to what they saw (I'm guessin they wanna kill another cat or three before they're carryin a human carcass out of there). Cat was rabies free. Guy was released from the hospital today.

#livelikezac

>No wonder the lion caught up
>to him. You cant run
>very fast when you have
>balls that big

Lol....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

That's a great story , no fast food for that one ! Had one play games with me once on a mule deer hunt , hate them !

had a ferrel cat that had kittens in my barn and decided to catch them one day. they were already running around so I cornered one and grabbed it and it liked to chew my hand off. and that was a kitten

Too answer the question above about shouldn't the juveniles be kicked off from mom at this time of the year.

There is not a breeding season for lions they breed year round. So young juveniles will be kicked off any time of the year.
When i use too hunt lions we often saw kittens during the winter months.

Another one popped up last week in Mackey Idaho, someone on here could pull it up. A lady heard her dog fighting outside her house with another dog , she ran outside and grabbed them both by the neck when she looked down one of them was a year and a half old mountain lion. She held onto it and yelled for her husband to bring out a gun, he came out and shot it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom