Lipgloss hunter scores

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
Well if Joselle is the Lipstick hunter I guess that makes Clarissa the Lipgloss hunter.Was on my dads muley hunt and only had the last weekend to hunt Colorado. We got there on friday and I know this area very well so I figured we would at least see a buck to fill her tag.This was her first deer hunt and the first thing she saw was going down
We went out friday evening about a mile back i find a horn off a bull where a heck of a fight must of went down.Wonder if he lived.We walk about a 1/4 mile and the wind is perfect.Brian stops and says theres a buck.I can see him eating and he has no clue we are there I see a perfect tree to take her to for the shot.One problem the gun wont chamber.I grab the gun frm them and still cant get it from the magazine to the barrel.Brian tells me hes looking at us.I look up and there is a stud of a buck close to 180.Biggest buck ive seen back there.Gun is ready to go.She shoots and it goes over his back at 60yrds.He bolts to about 150 2 more shots and hes gone for good.Learning expirience for the buck and clarissa.Go out the next morning and she scores on this buck at 150 yrds walking.Thats the way it goes sometimes.He has 10 points.And would have been a awesome non typical in a few years.Congrats to clarissa on her first buck

deerhuntcolorado77-78007.jpg

deerhuntcolorado77-78002.jpg

The packout
deerhuntcolorado77-78004.jpg

Dang Crazy, your family is having a great season! Congrats to you and your daughter. What a great hunt and pictures. That is one heck of a broken antler to be broken off at the base like that, wow. Looks like there's some skull attached...

Too bad about the bid dude dodging some lead but looks like she scored a great first buck even though you got the heavy end of the packout!
-Cody

Sorry i wasnt clear clarissa is my buddy Brians daughter.In the pic its brian and clarissa.And im bringing up the rear carring the fronts

congrats to lipgloss!!! is that in 80/81 CO? we usually go for cow elk in Dec...

congrats again!!!

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom