Little Girls 2011 Bucket List

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
My name is Lindsay and I'm 10 years old. I like to do just about anything in the outdoors. My favorite things right now are chasing boys, fishing and shooting my bow. I practice my bow sometimes 4-5 days a week in the winter and compete at just about any archery shoot I can find. I also like to shoot pistols and rifles.

For my hunt challenge I want to accomplish:

1. Set a new state record in the Utah summer games in the under 12 division.

2. Upland game, I want to shoot a pheasant, turkey, chucker.

3. Small game. I want to shoot a raccoon, fox, coyote, rock chuck, prairie dog, rabbit.

4. Water foul. I want to shoot as many different kinds of ducks as I can and possibly shoot a goose.

5. Fish, I want to catch a big lake trout, tiger musky, and shoot as many carp as I can with my bow.

So come along with me and lets see what I can get done this year.

The turkey hunt consisted of 2 days of scouting and 9 consecutive days hunting for a total of 11 days of time spent with my dad. Jake spent 7 days hunting with us and lent us quite a bit of equipment to get it done. Thanks Jake! Also like to thanks Glen for letting us hunt the property!

Here is a highlight photo story of everything combined so far.

189dsc01954.jpg

Little sister caught the big one on this years trip. So it looks like I will have to try and beat her next year on the big fish.
3779dsc01991.jpg

Here is a photo of our first mornings catch.
81dsc01993.jpg

It was a fun trip. I especially liked the last day where we fished for rainbows with jigs. We caught fish on almost every cast!

Lindsay's been going out scouting with me for my archery deer tag and also for her moms Le antelope tag. We haven't been able to get a coyote to come to the call yet but we have had quite a few other things to keep her wanting to keep getting up at 2 am in the morning to go hiking. Here are a few things shes been able to find.

Here is a photo of a rodent she shot. Actually she shot 2 with one shot but couldn't find anything but pieces of the other one.
6935squirrel.jpg

She found a shed
9900shed.jpg

Here is some scouting footage. The music doesn't work! Sorry

Lindsay was also able to go to the Easton JOAD Nationals in California and took a bronze medal in the individual round, Gold medal in the team shoot, and Bronze medal in the Olympic elimination round. I was pretty proud of her since I wasn't able to go and help her out. She did it all by herself meaning she had a release fail on her causing her to punch herself in the nose three times. The release caused her to miss three times spotting the other girls 30 points before she fixed it. She also had to sight her own bow in all by herself. Not bad for a 10 year old. Through all her troubles she only shot better and better as the days went on.

Here is a photo I found online of her shooting at Nationals. You can tell she is very focused.
https://picasaweb.google.com/sjstringham/2011JoadNationals#5627212985997086642

grandpa picked up a new 20 guage for lindsay and they both headed out for the opener of the youth goose hunt.

Lindsay had a great time but only ended up with a bloody nose. I guess she pulled up on a low flying goose and the shot was almost straight up. When she pulled the trigger the 3 inch mag duck load packed a pretty good punch and the gun recoiled and some how hit her in the nose.

This photo was taken about an hour after the incident. She still stayed out through the hail and rain storms that came in the rest of the day but no geese came in. She cant wait to go out again.
5824lidsays_2011_youth_goose_hunt.jpeg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom