Lodging near Paonia Colorado for 4th season Mule Deer

Turk

I have drawn a 4th season mule deer tag and am wondering if there is any lodging available in the Paonia area?

What type are you looking for? There are some houses and what not on VRBO, HomeAway and AirB&B and some fancier bed and breakfast and lodge sort of places.

The only hunter sort of place is Redwood Arms Motel. I have stayed there....nothing fancy, dated like most motels, but it was very clean and the rooms were large (2 queen beds and lots of extra room) and you could back your rig right up to your door....

If you are hunting 53 this is the place that is probably best. If hunting 52/521/411, you could consider staying at the Hotchkiss Inn to stay more mobile in those 3 units or even all the way over by Delta....

Electric mountain lodge is good, there are a couple little motels in paonia but they fill quick during huntin season.

I have rented places on VRBO in Paonia 3 times during 3rd. You’re in for a great deer hunt I think. Good luck

I'm coming over to help Monstermuley - Lostinoregon on the 3rd season deer hunt and I know he is putting us up in a motel. I will reach out and find out where and what. Should be a good time. Best of luck to you!!!

If you don't mind about an hour drive to Paonia, my wife and I have a cabin rental business 4 miles north of Cedaredge. Website is:
www.thecabinsofgrandmesa.com
If you want something right in Paonia, a customer of mine has a restaurant/Inn in Paonia with a few rooms. Website is:
Good luck to everyone on their hunts this year!
Bondo

We will be hunting 3rd season in the area. We will be staying at the Hotchkiss Inn. Seemed to be fairly centrally located for the units.

What type are you looking for? There are some houses and what not on VRBO, HomeAway and AirB&B and some fancier bed and breakfast and lodge sort of places.

The only hunter sort of place is Redwood Arms Motel. I have stayed there....nothing fancy, dated like most motels, but it was very clean and the rooms were large (2 queen beds and lots of extra room) and you could back your rig right up to your door....

If you are hunting 53 this is the place that is probably best. If hunting 52/521/411, you could consider staying at the Hotchkiss Inn to stay more mobile in those 3 units or even all the way over by Delta....

Not looking for anything fancy. If its quiet and has a bed and a shower I will be good to go.

My tag is for Unit 53.

Well how did the hunt go? Pulled an elk out not far from there back in September. Enough snow to move them off the top or they hanging out up high? Pushing into the ag yet?

Season starts Wednesday.
Best of luck on your hunt. I know several people that have had this tag including a friend that has one this year. You should be in for a great hunt! I may burn my points on this unit next year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom