Log carving ready for charity

nebo

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-16 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-16 AT 05:33?PM (MST)

I have finished a carving for a charity. I visit often but don't post much. I like to share a picture once in a while because no one get to see them except me then they are gone forever.

I'm impressed. You're very talented. There's a whole lot of character in that piece of work. I appreciate you sharing your creations with us.

DC

That is one fine carving, You have a ton of skills.
That is one flat pretty Totem.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

wow! very nice!. Lots of time in a carving like that.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

There are a couple guys that make a living around here doing carvings like yours, maybe theirs isn't as nice, but i marvel at the skill and artful eye needed to turn a chunk of wood into a living thing. Very Nice!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

WOW !!! THAT A BUNCH OF SKILL RIGHT THERE, AND ONE COOL LOOKING PIECE OF ART. WISH I COULD DO THAT..........YD.

Wow. That is very cool. I am always impressed with people who have artistic talent because I have absolutely none. What tools do you use for something like that? Thanks for sharing.

-Hawkeye-

Thank you for the kind words. Like I said I don't post to get a pat on the back to show a carving now and again because it seems I'm the only one that sees them. Thank You.

I use all hand tools hammer, chisels, hand gouges etc. I use no chain saw and electric tools for carving just one chip at a time. I start and just cave and I don't use any pictures just my imagination and the carving takes me to the end. I started this one in January and just finished it. I have to be in the mood to carve but when I am I my works 14 hours at a time till done. I usually have about 40 to 45 hours into a carving.

What brand of chisels and gouges do you use? Do you sharpen your own?

Very nice!

Kilo, if that's me, it might be the look on my face when I'm out on the ocean in my kayak and see a shark fin. :)

Very impressive work. That must take an extreme amount of patience and a lot of imagination to turn a log into a carving. And for charity no less. Good for you, I truly believe good things happen to good people.

Chisels are just plain old cheap chisels. I have made a few tools like a gouge and I finally bought a few small hand held wood carving tools. If you google hand carving tools you will see what I got.

I use cottonwood and they are about 27" high x 10" log. The wood is picked up from river bottom after the beaver have downed these trees.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom