Logan to cedar city?

ThunderImpulse4

I am possibly moving for a job opportunity from logan to the cedar city area. Either panguitch, parowan or cedar city.

Any suggestions about which town to choose?
Any waterfowl in the area?

Haha cedar isn't exactly that big of a city. But it is attractive for my wife's work opportunities. Only down fall is commute would be rough 1hr each way I believe.

I am curious to how this drive would be in the winter. The job is located fairly close to panguitch lake

More than likely, from cedar city you are going to want to go north to 20 over to 89, then down to panguitch and up towards the lake. 14 out of cedar quite often turns into one lane with 10ft snow banks on each side. 143 closes at brianhead.

The commute will possibly be via snowmobile from Cedar to Panguitch Lake over the winter.

Cedar Canyon up 14 bogged down due to a snow/slush storm last weekend. Yes, just last Thursday 7/23.

Cedar to 20. 35 miles. To 89 20 miles, to Panguitch 10 miles, to Panguitch Lake 13 miles. = 78 miles. Pretty hefty commute

Fair weather commute: Highway 14, Cedar to
mammoth turnoff 35 miles, to Panguitch Lake 20 miles. Lower speed, elevation at top of Cedar canyon is 9910 ft

I think it’s called a snow day. Can’t get up the mountain to go to work boss. See you tomorrow. ???????

That will be a topic of discussion come Monday when the wife and I go down to see the property as well as continue the job interview. Lots of questions and details need to be worked out before decisions sre made

If I was in your situation, and the job I was moving for was around the lake, Panguitch would be where I would live.

The commute will possibly be via snowmobile from Cedar to Panguitch Lake over the winter.

Cedar Canyon up 14 bogged down due to a snow/slush storm last weekend. Yes, just last Thursday 7/23.

14 is almost always passible 4wd in the winter (daylight hours and it’s going to take an active snow storm to close it). 148 is closed one it snows. Mammoth creek road from duck to 143 same as 14 (people live there). 143 often gets closed from Brianhead to the mammoth creek road in snow storms or high winds (drifting) but Brianhead puts pressure to keep it open.

I lived and cedar city and worked on cedar mountain a few years. I personally never not been able to go up 14 except for rockslides and flash floods in the summer.

I now leave farther south but still hangout, fish and hunt up there quite a-bit to escapes the heat.

Your wife likely will have more opportunity in Cedar. Enoch and parawon also put you close enough to cedar for work.

Panguitch not much going on depending on her career path.

Cedar has become overrun with Vegas and Californian dweebs. Stay off the I15 corridor if you can. Panguitch would be my choice.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom