Lone Peak Mountain Goat Tag

teterhorn

Hey everybody...so my wife got a call that a mountain goat tag for the Lone Peak unit had been turned in and she was the next one on the list. I talked with Founder and he provided some info as he hunted this area in 2017. As many of you know this unit is about as steep and rugged as it gets so I am hoping I can gather as much info as possible on where to locate these guys. I appreciate any info and would love to chat about it. Thanks guys

I love to hike and summit Box Elder peak a couple times every year up the dry creek trail on the Alpine side and typically always see goats. Happy to share where I have seen them in the past.

I love to hike and summit Box Elder peak a couple times every year up the dry creek trail on the Alpine side and typically always see goats. Happy to share where I have seen them in the past.
Me too.

Been on Lone, Bighorn, Pfeifferhorn and Box Elder several times in recent history and we usually see goats. It's a long ways in to make the hike every day so plan on killing in one day or making a camp.
Most guys hike in with a pack but some take horses for a drop-camp.
Not sure of your boundary so I'm not sure what's in and what's out of the hunting unit.
She should take the tag, IMHO.
Zeke

Thanks for all the advice guys. The unit boundary is basically everything north of Lone Peak (essentially the Salt Lake County boundary). If anyone has any info for that area it would be much appreciated. I am currently sitting on the top of Mineral Fork and have yet to find a goat. Thanks again for your help

The ridge line from Sun Dial peak above Lake Blanche to the backside of Superior and from Superior west to Dromedary and O'Sullivan peak usually always has some goats on it. rugged country for sure, but I've never been up there and not seen any.

You can hike into Days Fork from the Big cottonwood side. Goats hang out on the west ridge looking into Cardiff fork.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom