lookin to hunt speedy goats

A

arkansastim

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some guidance. I'm trying to put together a hunt for antelope in Wyoming for myself and some older gentleman. Every time we've gone in the past, we've hunted near Douglas. Does anyone know of any other decent areas to go? Not necessarily looking for specific ranches (although welcome the info), just geographic areas. Maybe a G&F phone number in the area....that sorta thing.

As always...Thanks!

I've talked to tthe G&F several times and they have said that for "getting a tag, and having a quailty hunt, the Douglas/Casper areas can't be beat." Now, if you're looking for a trophy hunt and are willing to gamble on the draw...the Rock Springs area is the best bet, but draw odds are slim. I would suggest to call teh G&F and get a list of ranches for the units you are looking to hunt. They can fax them to you and you can start to call them. be sure to ask for references and get their names and numbers. I got burned on a ranch last year near Lusk. DO NO GO TO THE BONER RANCH!!!!!!!!! I wasted 3 days of my life there not to mention the cash I'm out. Another thing to look into is getting a BLM map and hunt the pockets of state land here and there. Many places go over looked and hold some good animals. Bura Nut and I have gon eto WY the past 2 years and have done pretty good. This past season her scored a nice speed goat on a tiny section of public land in the middle of a bunch of private land. He was a 14 1/2 inch goat with LOTS of mass. A real nice trophy! Let me know if I can be of any more help!

When you call the G&F, be nice. They'll tend to help you out better if your nice to them.

Scott G.

Yeah...to top it off we were huntin the Seman Hills...no kidding!

Yeah, it should have been a tip off...but hey...they suckered me...

Scott G.

I might possibly have 4 spots on a private ranch I leasein SE Wyo. Excellent success on 14" bucks. I am currently waiting on deposits from 4 hunters, by end of the weekend. For 2 days hunting, lodging, the cost is $1,000. Deposit is $500, of which all is returned if you do not draw. Give me your phone number or e:mail if you are interested.
T264

If you are looking for a fair priced, no frills, outfitter, Don McDowell out of Guernsy/Fort Laramie, WY can't be beat.
Or are you looking for a self guided hunt?
Application are due Mar. 15 for nonresidents.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom