Looking for a Archery Range Finder

adamhoward

Looking for a Archery Range Finder

I'm in need of a decent rangefinder with angle compensation for my upcoming Ibex hunt.
My current finder is awesome but doesn't do angles. I don't need the 1000yard capability in the new one but 300 or so would be nice jut to help in planning stalks.
What do you recommend and what should I stay away from? Don't want to spend a lot but also don't want crap. I guess I could sell the Leica if I end up with a really good one to replace it.

My choice is Leica Sports Optics Rangemaster Rangefinder: https://rangerexpert.com/best-bow/

RE: Looking for a Archery Range Finder

I have used several over many years of bowhunting and my favorite so far is the Vortex.

I'm gonna have to agree... VORTEX. I don't need a rangefinder farther than say 500 because I can't shoot farther than 300-400, depending on wind, elevation, etc. Vortex is great, clear, and of course the warranty. My opinion

I use the Sig Kilo 2000. I'm sure the new 2200 is just as awesome. 3-2000 yards. I use it for both bow and rifle.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

I use a Sig Kilo 1250, ranges real fast and is quite accurate.

I use sig 2000 for archery - long range shooting.

It is extremely quick even at 1000+ yards. No issues with mine over three years other than a late cow hunt I had it on the outside of my jacket in my bino harness and it stop working due to cold. It was below 20 degrees and returned to normal when it warmed up.

Yet one more vote for the Sig. I use the KILO2200MR and it works very well for me. It has the angle compensation that you are looking for and is very quick to range a target. If your target is moving, just hold the button down and it will range in real time. The 7x magnification really helps to zone in on your target.

The one thing I noticed between lower-priced rangefinders and good ones like Sig, Vortex, etc is consistency. The cheaper models/brands seem to have intermittent problems ranging non-reflective targets which is of course what we are after.

I use a leupold.

Cheaper than some of the others and works. If I was buying a new one I'd probably go sig though.

I'm assuming you grabbed on already though. More importantly, how was the hunt?? Archery Ibex sounds like a tough one (I applied for it this year though anyways).

Cheers

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom