Looking for a new smokepole

utfireman

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-19 AT 10:20PM (MST)[p]It breaks my heart posting this but I've literally lost my smoke pole. Use to have an original Knight disk extreme thumb hole and it's managed to get itself lost. Last I used it was back in 2017 before I deployed. Not sure if the movers helped themselves or what, but it's no where to be found.

The Knight was a tack driver and now I need to start over, what weapon system would you guys go with now? Are Knights still great? Any insight would be helpful, as I'll be shooting Blackhorn 209

Hey Ray!

I Like the New Remingtons other than the Weight!

Stainless,Ya Baby!

Swore for years I'd never Buy/or Own another CVA!

But a couple years Back I bought a CVA ACCURA II Stainless!

It's a Nice Gun & Less Money than the Remington!

I Like the Feel of the Remington because I've Packed 700's all my life!

They're more of a One Shot Rifle now days!

I'd Trade em all for Bucks of the HAWKEN Days!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Oh & Blackhorn 209 is the way to go!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I use the Omega 50 cal and luv it. I put a Cabelas ML scope 3x9 on it and it shots awesome.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

If you want a super muzzleloader see https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/ . They custom build the Remington muzzleloader and the Thompson Encore. I went with the Encore since I already had a frame. I have one of his custom barrels use Bighorn 209 powder with the 300 grain Arrowhead bullet. No sabot use his bullet sizer with it sized to the barrel.

Depends on where you will be hunting. Places such as Colorado, etc. only allow conicals (no sabots). If you have to shoot conicals, then don't choose Thompson Center. Because of their false muzzle (QLA) they won't reliably shoot conicals. The company will guarantee accuracy for sabots, but not conicals.

Knight and CVA both make good guns.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>Depends on where you will be
>hunting. Places such as Colorado,
>etc. only allow conicals (no
>sabots). If you have
>to shoot conicals, then don't
>choose Thompson Center. Because
>of their false muzzle (QLA)
>they won't reliably shoot conicals.
>The company will guarantee accuracy
>for sabots, but not conicals.
>
>
>Knight and CVA both make good
>guns.
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

The Thompson?s we shoot and Arrowhead sells don't use the factory barrels. We also don't shoot sabots. We size the bullet to each barrel with a sizing die much like a reloading die.
The barrels are made in St.George at MGM and sent to Luke at Arrowhead. The Remington barrels are done the same way. These muzzleloaders shoot better groups then most peoples centerfire rifles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom