Looking for a Ultralight rifle

I have been looking into the new Seekins Element. It is advertised at 5.5 pounds. Kind of a different take on a action and bolt assembly. But it seems like a good one.

Take a look at the Tikka T3X Superlite at Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse. Right at 6 pounds and they shoot really well!

>Here is a video on the
>Element. See what you think.
>

i wanna put my hands on a Seekins Havoc Pro Hunter PH2 6.5 PRC any thoughts on the prc i shoot 7wsm have for years its just too haevy

>>Here is a video on the
>>Element. See what you think.
>>
>
>
>i wanna put my hands on
>a Seekins Havoc Pro Hunter
>PH2 6.5 PRC any thoughts
>on the prc i shoot
>7wsm have for years its
>just too haevy

I am also looking at the 6.5 PRC. I think its a great light weight low recoil accurate semi custom rifle. It also comes with a threaded barrel ready for a can.

>Take a look at the Tikka
>T3X Superlite at Cabelas or
>Sportsmans Warehouse. Right at 6
>pounds and they shoot really
>well!

The Tikka T3X CTR is another good factory rifle. It has the removable magazine and threaded barrel. Guys are getting great groups right out of the box. I don't think it's available in the 6.5 PRC . Just the man bun caliber or 6.5 creedmoor.

Hey! I happen to really like my Tikka 6.5 CM man bun gun! LOL!
Also, if it's a 6.5 PRC you're after, you can get a Browning Hells Canyon speed in it now. Bronze ceracoat fluted barrell with a muzzle brake. Comes in at a little over 6 pounds.

55692982_2141187455974738_3261764942457470976_o.jpg
Man up. One is a .300 WBY, the other a .300 RUM. 6 pounds and change apiece. Built by a smith here in Montana. mtmuley

I have had a Rifles Inc Strata in 300 RUM that I have had for 15 yrs it's the lightest and best shooting rifle I have like carrying around a BB gun. Lex is a super guy to work with.

>Hey! I happen to really like
>my Tikka 6.5 CM man
>bun gun! LOL!
>Also, if it's a 6.5 PRC
>you're after, you can get
>a Browning Hells Canyon speed
>in it now. Bronze ceracoat
>fluted barrell with a muzzle
>brake. Comes in at a
>little over 6 pounds.

Gadjet do you have a man bun ? ???

>>Hey! I happen to really like
>>my Tikka 6.5 CM man
>>bun gun! LOL!
>>Also, if it's a 6.5 PRC
>>you're after, you can get
>>a Browning Hells Canyon speed
>>in it now. Bronze ceracoat
>>fluted barrell with a muzzle
>>brake. Comes in at a
>>little over 6 pounds.
>
>
>Gadjet do you have a man
>bun ? ???

Lol! Not quite!?

Try Weaver Rifles, (Kevin Weaver out of Peyton, Colorado). Build you a top notch rifle in any configuration you desire! You won't be disappointed. He just built me a 6.5 CM and could not be happier.
The Weatherby Backcountry Titanium is one to look at if you decide to go that route, 5.9#.
Another one is In Rut Full Curl Rifles!
Good luck.

I just picked up a Cooper Rifles Back Country model 92, in 300 WM, 5.75# without scope. Haven't fired it yet but sure feels good when I put it up to my shoulder. Made in Montana!

It does, just mounted a Leupold VX-3i 4.5X14 on it. Looking forward to some range time with it.

i've always been a Remington fan, but, I saw these new Savage rifles yesterday and I believe if I was in the market for a new light weight hunting rifle I would take a hard look at these.

any one have exp with the christensen arms mesa rifle? i'm narrowing down my search but the savage 110ul i don't thing they're even in production yet cant find them no where here locally ?

any one have exp with the christensen arms mesa rifle? i'm narrowing down my search but the savage 110ul i don't thing they're even in production yet cant find them no where here locally ?
Cant speak for the Mesa, but the last two ridgelines I’ve put my hands on (7mm and 28 nosler) have shot lights out.

I just picked up a Cooper Rifles Back Country model 92, in 300 WM, 5.75# without scope. Haven't fired it yet but sure feels good when I put it up to my shoulder. Made in Montana!

That's what I've got. I put a Swaro Z5 on it and love it. It doesn't kick bad at all, my Model 70 in 7mm kicks way worse.

PS. Mine likes 180gr Accubond. I'm sure a better shooter than I am could get sub .5 MOA, but considering these are hunting rounds and not match rounds, I'll take it. Also, don't use Talley rings with a Swaro scope... that's a whole other can of worms.

attachment.jpg

20190816_173831.jpg

Last edited:
I waited one year for one rifle and I’m on 18 months for another one that’s projected to be due in May. Those had walnut stocks with all the trimmings and left handed. I’m about to order a model 92 .270 WIN. I hope with the synthetic stock it will be faster. I love Cooper Rifles.

Jdan, grizzly, how long did you have to wait for the Coopers?

I bought mine off of HT Classifieds. I've seen them at Scheels though as well.

6.8 lbs in a long action magnum round a with mounted scope and fully-loaded magazine that will shoot .5MOA with hunting rounds... tough to beat.

20190302_223733a.jpg

Last edited:
well i made my mind up and pulled the trigger on the mesa in 6.5PRC bronze i hope i don't regret it, there so many awesome rifles out there these daze but retired n on a budget so mesa from christensen arms

If you're a rightly the world is your oyster.
We lefties have far fewer options.

I'd love a Kimber Mnt Ascent.

You might consider a custom gun if you're wanting something specific. I'm having TS Customs build me a 280ai with a 26" PROOF barrel, a Lone Peak Fuzion Ti action, McMillian Game Warden edge stock. It should be approx 6.5 lbs without the scope. It'll have a VX-6HD 3-18x44 mounted on it when finished.

Just got this today. It's under 7 lbs with a scope. 22" barrel. Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight something or another in 6.5 CM. Shoots pretty damn good for a short barreled Weatherby.
20200213_155731.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom