Looking for an HD camcorder??

ruthunter

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-11 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p] For all you experts out there im looking to upgrade to an HD camcorder, ill be using it mostly for wildlife and hunts any suggestions?? Im looking to spend $300-$500. Also is it better to buy one with a hard drive or not?

I really like my Canon HV40 but you can get the HV20 or HV30 used and have an outstanding HD camera!! Just check out YouTube for the HV20, HV30, and HV40 camera footage. You will be amazed at what you get in a small camera.

Go with actual video tape so you will always have the "original film" and not have to worry about a corrupted hard drive on the camera.

We have a Sony Handycam 60x optical zoom 80 GB DCR-SR68. Around $400.00. Love it! quest

Another vote here for the Canon HV30. Fantastic video quality and tape backup, as was posted. Great stuff.

I have an HV30 that I'd sell for $325. Its in great shape and comes with an extra battery.

Video quality is fantastic
Here is a highlight reel I filmed with the HV30
Make sure you bump the quality up to 1080 and watch it on an HD monitor to really notice the quality.

PM me if you are interested

I use a JVC Everio. I bought it at wal mart for 330 its compact light. 20x which works well for digiscoping I use a Tines Up scope cam on it and it is wonderful ive filmed up to 3 miles on elk. It has 2 SD card slots. I love it it takes good quality footage.

I use the Canon Vixia hf20. I can't say enough good things about it.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom