Looking for Antelope hunt?

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
I have never hunted antelope in my life, I have bought preference points in Wyoming for me and my 2 older kids, we have I believe 2 points each. I want to cash in if that is enough and go hunt antelope for first time. What is a unit we can draw with lots of public access. We dont care about record breaking antelope, just want to go hunt them and shoot a couple. Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Probably 20 different rifle hunts with 100% draw odds not sure what he policy is here with other sites but there is a popular one I use GO figure

Another site called Top rut .com that is free for 1 year old odds or $20 for up to date odds from the last year.

Or you could just go to the WY G&F site and go through the draw odds there and then look at the hunt planner to see how much public land there is and then go look at HMAs and Walk in Areas to see if there are access in the units you can draw. It will probably take a couple of hours of work to figure it out. GoHunt or TopRut will cut that time significantly and it is always there.

The issue with only 2 points is it is hard to find what you want on the cheaper non-resident fee, it will take a good bit of work with not that much public in the unit. If you pay the more expensive fee that opens up more options for you...it won't be a slam dunk, but more doable. So are you looking at the cheaper fee or the more expensive fee? $326 vs. $614 per license. If any of your kids are still youth, I believe you can only get the discounted licenses in the regular draw.

Another site called Top rut .com that is free for 1 year old odds or $20 for up to date odds from the last year.

Or you could just go to the WY G&F site and go through the draw odds there and then look at the hunt planner to see how much public land there is and then go look at HMAs and Walk in Areas to see if there are access in the units you can draw. It will probably take a couple of hours of work to figure it out. GoHunt or TopRut will cut that time significantly and it is always there.

The issue with only 2 points is it is hard to find what you want on the cheaper non-resident fee, it will take a good bit of work with not that much public in the unit. If you pay the more expensive fee that opens up more options for you...it won't be a slam dunk, but more doable. So are you looking at the cheaper fee or the more expensive fee? $326 vs. $614 per license. If any of your kids are still youth, I believe you can only get the discounted licenses in the regular draw.
I am unfamiliar with Wyomings draw system, I see there is random draw, or preference point draw. I better get to doing some homework.

As mentioned above there are several areas you could draw!! Look at ones with the most walk-in areas and public. As most are very limited in public or access to public !!

Another option is to pay a trespass fee for private access in an area where you can draw tags on 2nd choice and keep building points for a better public land hunt in the future.

Have ya thought about doing Reduced Price Doe/fawn antelope tags for the kids?

Ya still get to share with them hunting and get some tasty meat for the family.

Plus scout the buck quality for future applications.

Robb

Points=Public Land in WY. Then more points a unit takes the more public land the unit will have. This isn't always the case but it's a good way of thinking about it. With only 2 points I would really consider applying in the special draw.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom