Looking for DIY advice POW August fishing

goforbroke

My brother and I are planning a trip August 2023 with our 2 seniors sons. The 4 of us are looking to do a DIY fishing on POW island for 7 days August 4-12. Thinking of staying in coffman cove and renting a boat from Jand J charters. Likely stream and ocean fish for a week. I would love any tips and pointers that you have. My son wants to try and arrow a sitka deer while we are there. Working through the logistics and I have really appreciated advice on this forum in the past. Thanks

Fished the river and inlet that flows out of Neck lake into the ocean in Whale pass. Aug, many moons ago. High tides, the Silvers would stack up there. Nice bright fish. Big black bear ran us off a few days. Good halibut fishing outta Coffman, cool place to stay as well. Deer will be in the alpine, gotta work to get up there.

^^^ pretty sound advice. I would suggest to have your son bag the idea of hunting blacktail deer around then. It’s hard to do both in only 7 days. He’s going to have to climb to get there. Doable but it adds a lot of moving parts to a trip. And with a bow? Very difficult.

Thanks for ideas and tips. Brother is not sure so trip may not happen, but keep any tips/advice coming as my son is hoping it happens.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom