Looking for elk lease or guide for 08.

JB48

Anyone have any recommendations where to look for an Oregon lease for a first season elk hunt for 2008? We are open to all options. Two of use are late 30's and two are early 60's. One week before the control hunt deadline we lost our Northside lease where we payed trespass fee's. Any idea's or help would be appreciated. JB

If you don't mind, whom did you have the lease with? I own a home in Long Creek and hunt public land there every year. I even drew the first season bull tag this year. I know a lot of the ranchers in this area and may be able to point you in the right direction.

NS

We were hunting the Knox Ranch which is located just outside of Monument. It's an old wheat ranch. I think in the late 80's John Cole had leased the property. Itis boardered by the Johnson Ranch and the Violini Ranch. The Violini's are from California. I may be able help you with your Warner information as I have a friend who lives in Lakeview. JB

JB

All the ranches I am familiar with are east of Monument. I know of a few gentleman that work by trespass fee, but I do not know the cost, availability, or success.
I know that we have seen a lot of elk on "the other side" of the fence. Two are in Fox Valley and one is in Ritter. I could get some names and numbers if you'd like, but you would have to do the research. Let me know if you learn anything from your friend in Lakeview, Thanks.

NS

Try the Antone Ranch. 541-447-4082 Great bulls and muleys...Prices from $1500 to $6000.

gowestoutfitters.com

muleyman

The ranch that first comes to mind is the Vaughn? Ranch in Fox Valley. I will try to locate a number when I go over there next weekend.

NS

Back
Top Bottom