Looking for LIFESIZE desert sheep mounts???

ruthunter

Ok guys I was lucky enough to pull a desert bighorn tag in Arizona last year. My taxidermist is getting ready to mount my ram in the next few months and im still looking for the right pose. Anybody care to share there mounts or pictures of lifesize sheep they like??? Here is my ram.
2020img_20131201_092239_211.jpg

3461img950427_2.jpg

Desert sheep just don't get any prettier than your stud ram. I think it is awesome you are going to lifesize it.
In my opinion Dawayne Dewey out of Wyoming is the best sheep guy around. Fortunately he also makes forms that can be used by other taxidermists. I would strongly encourage you to have your taxi use one of his forms if you find one you like. Here is a link to some of his lifesize mounts.

http://deweywildlife.com/wild-sheep-lifesize-mounts/

Congratulations on a beautiful ram!

Little bighorn thx for that info. My taxidermist has informed me that my nose to tail measurement was 63" and his belly measurement was 46". It was nice to have my taxidermist with me when I killed him so he could take actual measurements. It's possible due to the size of his body that we may have to go into a rocky form.

For what it's worth my advise is to use a lot of live reference pics of desert sheep...dawayne has some great desert forms available ,and his change out heads r the best in the industry....your ram looks to have a above average desert body and even if you use his desert forms some alterations may have to be made in order to make the form fit the skin and not the other way around...I have used rocky forms with desert change out heads before but u have to make some anatomy changes as the rockys have a full round hip on them and deserts have more of a squared off hip and raw boned look to them..
8504image.jpg

9590image.jpg

New Dewey desert form (before)
5067image.jpg

After
7427image.jpg

Same form different ram...
7918image.jpg

Rocky ram on a very big form,you can see the difference in the big full front shoulder and round hip...with a little research you can use a change out head on other life size forms and get a good end result ....congrats on a awesome ram ,do him up right and post some pics when u get him back from your taxi....

>Desert sheep just don't get any
>prettier than your stud ram.
> I think it is
>awesome you are going to
>lifesize it.
>In my opinion Dawayne Dewey out
>of Wyoming is the best
>sheep guy around. Fortunately
>he also makes forms that
>can be used by other
>taxidermists. I would strongly
>encourage you to have your
>taxi use one of his
>forms if you find one
>you like. Here is
>a link to some of
>his lifesize mounts.
>
>http://deweywildlife.com/wild-sheep-lifesize-mounts/
>
>Congratulations on a beautiful ram!

I love the head up pose. On Deweys web page, I love the Stone that is on the 3rd row down from the top on the far right... or the desert that is on the third row as well, second row in.

The "Butt" up look is way over done in my opinion and when I get my ram done I personally want to show of the size and width with his head mounted high and proud.

Just my .02

Tallbuck1

Tallbuck1..I couldn't agree with you more. I personally like the head up from the butt myself and when I looked at Deweys web the sheep on the 3rd row 2nd in caught my attention right away.
I knew when I saw the right mount I would know right away what I was looking for and after looking at a ton of other taxi's websites nothing caught my eye until I looked at Deweys.
Thanks again guys for all your help and I'll be sure to share my finish mount!

My personal favorite pose is the one Mike Duplan had his Rocky done. Its the 5th row 3rd in. Would make a sweet desert sheep mount too. This is a live phoyo m6yfriend took last year on his desert hunt.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

343beddeddesert1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom