Looking for tire chains...

F

Flatlandr

in WY. I will be driving across I80 from the very east side of WY all the way west of Green River on my way to La Barge. I've called a few places in Rock Springs with no luck, any of them that carry chains say they are seasonal and don't have them in right now.
I want to locate a place to buy tire chains along my route, any ideas?

why wouldn't you just buy them before you leave home ???

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

JB, tire chains are not used much here in Indiana and when you do find a set they always seem to be a little on the pricey side. Last set I bought for my truck I picked up in Craig, CO. Taking a different truck this year.

Costco usually has pretty good prices although I'm not sure when they start stocking them. also you might have to be a member. Otherwise most autoparts stores would have them so Cheyenne might be a good area.

Thanks for the thoughts fellas. I did call around Rock Springs and got the same story everytime-not in stock right now probably towards the end of the month. I am heading to Region G and I think we should have some chains just in case. I will be thru there on 11SEP09 so please keep the ideas coming.

If your just buying chains for this trip, I'd save your money. I doubt very much that you'll need chains those dates. If you take a look at the forcast, unfortunately it's forecasting above average temps. I was kind of hoping for some cooler weather/snow myself. I've had good luck buying chains online from something like tirechain.com.

D 4WD Hdqtrs in Cheyenne, it about a mile north of I80. 307-634-1736. call them 1st if they don't have them they'll know who will.

>They forecast great weather in '06
>on September 15Th. Then closed
>south pass due to snow.
>

+1, love to have the weatherman's job! Get paid to guess and no consequences if you get it wrong. ;-)

Thanks GotLost, I will give them a ring.

I work at NAPA Auto Parts in Rock Springs. We do have tire chains in stock. Even if we dont have the size you need, we can usually get them in overnight. If you tell me what size tire, I can check Tuesday to see if we have them.

>I work at NAPA Auto Parts
>in Rock Springs. We do
>have tire chains in stock.
>Even if we dont have
>the size you need, we
>can usually get them in
>overnight. If you tell me
>what size tire, I can
>check Tuesday to see if
>we have them.

shedfinder, THANKS and I will let you know this afternoon when I get home from work, I don't have the tire specs with me.

South Pass is the one area i worry about most when i hunt up that way.Howling winds, Ice, Snow you never know what your going to get.

shedfinder, the tires are P265/65R18
Full size Chevy 4X4 pickup, 08 year I believe. If you have then please advise how much $$.
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I was hoping I could help but right now I cannot get tire chains for that size tire. I dont even have a listing for that size tire in the book. I dont even know where to send you now to find them.

Can you add some links to your old chains to make them fit? I have done that with tires of slightly different size to make my chains fit. Never tried it on 18" tires though. Good Luck.

Phantom Hunter

After a little research, we did find some tire chains to fit your truck. We do have them in stock. They are the V-bar reinforced ones. They are $99.00.

I only need chains when I don't have them.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>After a little research, we did
>find some tire chains to
>fit your truck. We do
>have them in stock. They
>are the V-bar reinforced ones.
>They are $99.00.

shedfinder, What is your address there in Rock Springs? We are in route right now halfway thru ILL, should be thru your way tomorrow afternoon. We are planning to stop at the Walmart for our groceries.

The address is 1300 Dewar Drive. We are 2 street lights down from Wal-Mart, right acroos the street from AUTOZONE. Its a blue barn looking building next to the Loaf-n-jug. If your coming from Wal-Mart we are on the left hand side of the road.

Now this is the way it should work all the time. GOOD LUCK ON THE HUNT.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

shedfinder,
THANKS again for your help! However I got voted down at the last minute for buying the chains. Almost needed them on Sunday too, a big storm rolled thru early Sunday but we managed.

After watching the weather reports, I would have saved my money and not bought the chains either. Way to hot and dry here lately, except for Monday. Hope you had fun on your hunting/fishing trip.

Flatlander,

If your gonna ask a bunch of questions, you need to at least tell us how it went & maybe even post a phot or two.

>Flatlander,
>
>If your gonna ask a bunch
>of questions, you need to
>at least tell us how
>it went & maybe even
>post a phot or two.
>

COSA,
I do plan to post, just busy as H-E-double hockey sticks right now trying to get caught up since I was gone. I felt it most important to thank shedfinder and let him know why I didn't stop in.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom