Looking to sell antlers?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
The AntlerMan, Richard Dorchuck, is buying antler now! He's running around the country buying piles of bone. If you've got antler you'd like to part with for some good cash, give Richard a text or call at 801-557-2284. Or email him at: [email protected]

DSCN2707.JPG

DSCN2713.JPG

IMG_7029.jpg

JB just being a smart aleck...our dogs bring home antlers to chew on around our place and my wife is pissed they don't bring them to her..

All good. Was just having fun. Miner stares at my mounts like he's ready to eat them all

He got paid but not what was negotiated! The grading was very poor!
Gotcha. Well, with anything anyone sells, if they aren’t paying what you want, don’t sell. Kinda simple. I’m sure when it comes to grading antlers there’s going to be a level of opinion, as there is no exact science. Anyone looking to sell, if you ain’t getting what you want for the pile, renegotiate or don’t sell. Seems simple.

Grading is a simple process no cracks on either side is greade A brown regardless of color. Cracks on one side and not on the other is grade B hard white. Cracks on both sides is grade C chalk. If your being graded any other way they are being shady

That's not true I've had horns cracked on both sides and got grade b. Guess I have a good buyer but I've used him for dam near 20 years!

So turkey hunters, fishermen and various others are supposed to stay home or quarantine after traveling for 14 days, but an “essential business “ like antler buying and selling is exempt.

Either we are all in this together or we’re not. I’m guessing we’re not.

For me I feel he took complete advantage of a new customer. 2011 sheds and heads was doing a antlers show at sportsman’s warehouse in Saint George. Richard was there buying antlers I saw a kid selling one set of brown elk antlers and get almost 300.00 bucks. After seeing that I thought hell I have a decent like I could make a good chunk of change. So I ran home gathered every antler I owned and went back. This was my first time buying so it was new to me. I unloaded my antlers and he started grading them and putting them in piles. It wasn’t till after I realized he screwed be over. Each tine he would weigh the antlers he would hurry and dump them in his pile before I could even see the weight. When all the antlers where weighed the total was 670.00. Way less than what I should have gotten for what I sold. Then to top it off he didn’t have the money and had to run to the bank and I had to wait for over an hour for him to get back. Dudes a cheat and I will never sell to him or even recommend anyone selling to him. Lot more honest good antler buyers to sell to these days who grade a whole lot fairer.

F6209E61-F542-41E1-A6F2-0685F29F4082.jpeg

C17A0781-7197-457D-B63A-6A659529C49C.jpeg

7EDEED22-F097-47A1-AEB6-C42956B89E55.jpeg

Next year I sold to a different buyer, didn’t even have close to the amount of antlers I sold to dorchuck and was paid a little over 500.00 for this pile.

BB9EE6A3-7B7C-4C01-804A-EEAEAEA62732.jpeg

For me I feel he took complete advantage of a new customer. 2011 sheds and heads was doing a antlers show at sportsman’s warehouse in Saint George. Richard was there buying antlers I saw a kid selling one set of brown elk antlers and get almost 300.00 bucks. After seeing that I thought hell I have a decent like I could make a good chunk of change. So I ran home gathered every antler I owned and went back. This was my first time buying so it was new to me. I unloaded my antlers and he started grading them and putting them in piles. It wasn’t till after I realized he screwed be over. Each tine he would weigh the antlers he would hurry and dump them in his pile before I could even see the weight. When all the antlers where weighed the total was 670.00. Way less than what I should have gotten for what I sold. Then to top it off he didn’t have the money and had to run to the bank and I had to wait for over an hour for him to get back. Dudes a cheat and I will never sell to him or even recommend anyone selling to him. Lot more honest good antler buyers to sell to these days who grade a whole lot fairer.

View attachment 6069

View attachment 6070

View attachment 6071
That’s too bad it didn’t go well for you. Lesson for others, know what you’re selling and what it’s worth before selling it.
I always weighed mine out beforehand so I had an idea what I had and of approximate grade.
I don’t believe that Richard tried to rip anyone off, but that’s my opinion. I recommend him, but definitely do your part as a seller. Just like selling your truck.

Excellent advice. Seller......be prepared for the buyer by knowing what you have. My son sold his antlers Tuesday. He graded and weighed the antlers before the buyer arrived. He graded them in such a way that the buyer would most likely regrade some of them higher.....as he did. Everybody left happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom