Looks like the DWR owes some app fee refunds to people

deerkiller

Very Active Member
This is BS in my opinion and a great example of why they shouldn’t force people to pick between GS or DH deer tags when applying AND why tag numbers need to be determined before the draw deadline application ends. They took $10 application fees from 429 people who applied for this unit when there wasn’t even any tags offered for that unit in the DH draw this year. everyone who applied for that tag should be immediately refunded their app money! Hopefully some of those applicants still pulled a tag in the regular draw!

D4F51969-A83D-46C0-AC0B-8D925D9CED18.png

Don't know the circumstance of it (# issued last year for unit, dedicated # already met due to nobody hitting there 3rd year, or what.)

However, if they gave their money back they would not keep the DH point they received.

Have to research it alittle when I have time.

I called DWR it’s a “type-o” from what they say I guess a few units showed up like that they say there fixing it ASAP and according to them there is still a DH Hunt in that area

I called DWR it’s a “type-o” from what they say I guess a few units showed up like that they say there fixing it ASAP and according to them there is still a DH Hunt in that area
I’m calling big time BS on the DWRs story about a type-o. I personally know one of the only 2, 3 point applicants, and they didn’t draw. We are being scammed and lied to by them on a regular basis (shocker ?), and this kinda chit needs to stop.

Here’s what happened. They had a major reduction in tags this year on a couple units. The percentage that would have been used for the DH drawing was all taken by the LL holders first, leaving no tags for the DH pool. So instead of being honest about it, they lie. Because if they told the truth, they’d have a big mess on their hands.

with as hard as tags are to come by these days, they need to start taking this stuff a little more seriously. This is a year of opportunity that a lot of people missed out on due to their stupid rules and system. How many “next year”s does a person get? I bet some of those applicants that just got screwed don’t have many. This could possibly be their last one! I’d be irate if I had applied for a unit that the only option I really had, unbeknownst to me, was a preference point and not a chance at a tag.

I was baffled why I didn’t draw my DH this year with 2pts. Just assumed it was really bad point creep. Thanks for the info.

This is absolute BS. I don’t care that I didn’t draw, it’s the principle that pisses me off. Somebody should sue em.

You need to look at the other end of this all the gs guys that applied didn't have much of a chance either because of all the DH hunters that were guaranteed tags when they miss manage a unit as bad as they do we all suffer and I guarantee it will only get worse before it gets better

There has to be actual tags/tag available, even 1 tag would have been acceptable. A major joke, but acceptable. There has always been some GS tags available, always. Having a draw without any tags is outrageous. There should really be some ownership and action taken on the DWR’s end. I am all for cutting tags, should have been done before now. But the way this went down is wrong plain and simple.

You need to look at the other end of this all the gs guys that applied didn't have much of a chance either because of all the DH hunters that were guaranteed tags when they miss manage a unit as bad as they do we all suffer and I guarantee it will only get worse before it gets better
Or the kids that get 20% of the tags. What a damn joke that is... or are we only mad at the DHs for stealing tags?

Its just the miss management that i have a hard time with. We have the dwr that can't even make a decision the wildlife group now makes all decisions and all the money that we use to pay for biologists is useless they do no more than you or I just make suggestions the (wildlife board) does what they want

We're all mad when they don't cut tag number then we're all mad when they do.

Even though not a single person in my family drew a deer tag or DH, out of 7-8 applicants, I think they did the right thing to cut tags.

To mislead people and accept application money when no tags are going to be available is another matter and foul play for sure.

To answer deerkiller's question: whenever we don't draw a tag, we're mad at anyone, everyone or any group who did draw. It's our nature. LOL

Zeke

We're all mad when they don't cut tag number then we're all mad when they do.

Even though not a single person in my family drew a deer tag or DH, out of 7-8 applicants, I think they did the right thing to cut tags.

To mislead people and accept application money when no tags are going to be available is another matter and foul play for sure.

To answer deerkiller's question: whenever we don't draw a tag, we're mad at anyone, everyone or any group who did draw. It's our nature. LOL

Zeke

I think the majority of hunters don't necessarily mind the tag cuts, especially if they are science based.

When they cut the tags is the part that frustrates people, like you mention. You shouldn't be deciding tag numbers after the draw, plain and simple. People should know what they are putting in for. And they sure as hell shouldn't be giving opportunities to put in for a tag when there aren't even any tags offered.

Kinda funny that a deer population that is as high as it has ever been needs tags cut. It's almost as if the DWR doesn't have a clue how many deer are out there.. Or they do and they just lie.. Both not very appealing options for a department that is supposed to be managing game populations.

It looks like this same issue is showing for Beaver, Fillmore, Oquirrh, and Boulder. I understand a tag cut, but to cut to zero and not inform the applicants beforehand? Don't understand how they can have a "draw" without any tags. DWR can't get anything right -- especially deer numbers.

People were putting in for antlerless moose for several years with no tags available. Do you really think DH hunters are going to put in for a different DH tag if none are available for a particular area?

Their 2nd choice could be a general season tag.

It is too bad they don't inform before the draw. And it should not be that hard to fix. But the truth is what difference would it really make?

People were putting in for antlerless moose for several years with no tags available. Do you really think DH hunters are going to put in for a different DH tag if none are available for a particular area?

Their 2nd choice could be a general season tag.

It is too bad they don't inform before the draw. And it should not be that hard to fix. But the truth is what difference would it really make?
No one put in for any moose tags for those years. They were simply given the opportunity to purchase preference points for cow moose that year if they wanted, but that was made VERY clear prior to the application period, that there were zero tags up for grabs that year. This bullchit scenario is completely different, since no one was informed there would be no tags given prior to or after the application deadline. And then they didn’t say anything after the draw took place and it took some curious people looking at the 2020 draw odds trying to figure out WTF happened and why they or their family didn’t draw a tag with 3 points, who discovered the scam. THEN they straight up lie about the real reason when questioned because they know there’s a big legal issue here and won’t tell you straight up what happened

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom