Lose your license

Sad how the thought about making a profit from something destroys or takes away enjoyment of a lot of hobbies. I always think what these winter ranges must have looked like in the 1800's covered with sheds. Think one would be exhausted and bored after awhile and just take up raising chickens.

Sad how the thought about making a profit from something destroys or takes away enjoyment of a lot of hobbies. I always think what these winter ranges must have looked like in the 1800's covered with sheds. Think one would be exhausted and bored after awhile and just take up raising chickens.
I think browns only brought like $0.50/lb in the 1800’s though.

Impose some stiff penalties so others start following the rules. I walk out may 1 and only find boot tracks in CO. No one abides by the law bc there are is no enforcement and not much of penalty if you ARE caught

Yesterday, my son went out looking for lions to hunt. When he pulled up to his spot, there was an undercover officer there. As he put his rifle over his back and headed out, he got to some spots and glassed back and noticed the guys watched him through the spotter the entire time.
Pretty lame.

Yesterday, my son went out looking for lions to hunt. When he pulled up to his spot, there was an undercover officer there. As he put his rifle over his back and headed out, he got to some spots and glassed back and noticed the guys watched him through the spotter the entire time.
Pretty lame.
If you’re not breaking the law, no worries. I was once looked at through a radar gun, I was nervous af until I realized they weren’t profiling me and I was just another vehicle driving through Mantua

Pretty lame.
amazing. he didn’t break the law and wasn’t ticketed! sounds like good enforcement to me!

Its an interesting tactic for Montana ! I have said for a long time IF these FG departments made poaching a FELONY, with mandatory jail time & Lifetime loss of hunting fishing & trapping privileges it might deter a few of these Poaching AZZ F@#Ks. Also take everything they used guns campers sxs wheelers & add thousands of $$ in fines & some might rethink taking Illegal critters.. Looks like it might be time to do the same with the A-Holes, harassing the deer & elk & breaking the set shed laws as well !! Is it really worth it for a $40 deer horn or a $100 elk horn to chance it

Its an interesting tactic for Montana ! I have said for a long time IF these FG departments made poaching a FELONY, with mandatory jail time & Lifetime loss of hunting fishing & trapping privileges it might deter a few of these Poaching AZZ F@#Ks. Also take everything they used guns campers sxs wheelers & add thousands of $$ in fines & some might rethink taking Illegal critters.. Looks like it might be time to do the same with the A-Holes, harassing the deer & elk & breaking the set shed laws as well !! Is it really worth it for a $40 deer horn or a $100 elk horn to chance it
To some, it’s not about the risk, but rather the opportunity to be ignorant.

Pretty lame.
Gotta love officers waiting to pounce to catch those hardened shed criminals. What a joke. Even worse all the "fellow sportsman" who want to turn in other sportsman. Bunch of idiots if anyone supports taking away your license for picking up a bone. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Gotta love officers waiting to pounce to catch those hardened shed criminals. What a joke. Even worse all the "fellow sportsman" who want to turn in other sportsman. Bunch of idiots if anyone supports taking away your license for picking up a bone. Give them an inch and they take a mile.
No one is perfect, but I prefer that laws be respected and enforced or simply taken off the books if they are not going to be enforced. I agree that penalties should be measured carefully. In some cases we just need to give enforcement enough latitude to give warnings as they deem appropriate and the tools to stop repeat offenders, if needed.

Anyone and almost everyone shed hunting in the western states has OnX maps on their phone. If they are on private lands, they are doing so willingly, knowingly, and internationally. Written permission should be required the same as for hunting.

Does that mean I should get a ticket for hunting turkeys today?
No that means if deer and elk are on winter range struggling, which they are in northern Utah, stay off the mountain for a couple weeks and get your turkey in the bottoms and low country. I saw some turkeys right off the road a couple days ago.
use a little common sense is all we’re asking for.
thanks

No that means if deer and elk are on winter range struggling, which they are in northern Utah, stay off the mountain for a couple weeks and get your turkey in the bottoms and low country. I saw some turkeys right off the road a couple days ago.
thanks
Common sense….Utah…..turkeys…..hahahahahahhhahhaa

thanks
Do you have enough private ground everyone can come hunt?

Just asking to use common sense and try to give deer and elk in northern Utah some space. The turkeys I saw were not far off a tar road on public. Brother has a bear tag. Haven't been out yet. Still feeding deer in Cache Valley. You have agency to do what you want. Some of us are just trying to keep our deer and elk herds alive.

Last edited:
Just asking to use common sense and try to give deer and elk in northern Utah some space. The turkeys I saw were not far off a tar road on public. Brother has a bear tag. Haven't been out yet. Still feeding deer in Cache Valley. You have agency to do what you want. Some of us are just trying to keep our deer and elk herds alive.
So are a lot of us. I have been out lion hunting since January. Its not easy being a once a week for a half a day kind of hunter. But I know a group of guys that have killed several lions. My 17 year old son has the bear tag, and weve been out on the wasatch 4-5 times since it opened. No, we have not seen a single bear or track yet, but also, where we usually see them, we cant get to yet. We avoid the deer and elk the best we can, but we do bump them. I have also seen a ton of shed hunters too all month long. They are out there in full force. I have seen several sheds and have pinned them on a map while out glassing grassy hill sides. But some are already gone. Oh well.

So are a lot of us. I have been out lion hunting since January. Its not easy being a once a week for a half a day kind of hunter. But I know a group of guys that have killed several lions. My 17 year old son has the bear tag, and weve been out on the wasatch 4-5 times since it opened. No, we have not seen a single bear or track yet, but also, where we usually see them, we cant get to yet. We avoid the deer and elk the best we can, but we do bump them. I have also seen a ton of shed hunters too all month long. They are out there in full force. I have seen several sheds and have pinned them on a map while out glassing grassy hill sides. But some are already gone. Oh well.
My Cuz lives in Daniels. He has seen a ton of winter kill out cat hunting. It is a dang hard year for deer and elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom