Losing bonus points

UINTBB

Hello,
I am getting mixed info from the wildlife agents.
If I DO NOT apply this year in AZ, do I lose my accumulated preference points or the bonus point?
Or, do I keep my points?
Thanks for your answers.

Yep you lose your loyalty point and this years so really you fall 2 behind. Don’t know what circumstance is causing you to consider not putting in but I would at least put in for the point if at all possible.

You do NOT have to apply to retain your loyalty point. Simply pay the app fee to purchase a BP through the same process you would apply for an actual hunt. Easy Peasy.

You do NOT have to apply to retain your loyalty point. Simply pay the app fee to purchase a BP through the same process you would apply for an actual hunt. Easy Peasy.
So are saying you don’t have to purchase the license to get the BP ?
The only real reason not to at least apply is if you couldn’t afford to that year. Maybe we can find out why he’s not wanting to apply.

Thanks for the info... Greatly appreciated. I am just going to apply for longshot draws...… If I get lucky, somehow, someway I will hunt.

Not sure about your situation, but you can buy the license ($160) and a bonus point ($15) without applying. That way you don't risk being drawn and unable to hunt.

There's also the Point Guard option. Not exactly sure how it works, but I think you can turn in the tag and get your points back, but you have to pay the cost of the license. Again, not 100% sure about that.

Good luck with your situation.

Point guard works like this. If you get drawn you can turn your tag in, but you don’t get a refund on the tag or the license and you will retain your points. The next time you draw you have to use the tag or eat it. Than you can start the process over & use point guard again. Hope that makes sense.

Yo
Thanks for the info... Greatly appreciated. I am just going to apply for longshot draws...… If I get lucky, somehow, someway I will hunt.

You still need to buy a license ($160), buy the BP or apply ($15 for either) for an actual hunt. If you do the last, you can buy Point Guard for $5, which lets you turn in your permit and retain your bonus points. BUT...you do not get a refund on the license or permit cost.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom