Lost in 56 (Idaho)

H

huntinman

Hey guys.
Can anyone help me locate the elk in Unit 56 Idaho? I have scouted the Juniper side and only got heartaches. I have hunted the Sublett side for years and stumbled on elk only once. Is this a small herd or am I looking in the wrong places. Should I find a different unit to hunt? The season is only a month away.
Please help me with some info.I have never hunted elk with a bow. Last year was my first kill on a buck. I saw 2 bulls in Sublett last year but only had a deer tag.

Thanks
Gabe aka huntiman

I like your methodology to posting this question. I think the elk will be okay, so you can call off your search!

sorry I can't help you, but I wish you the best of luck this season. Some times it just takes a lot of hours to figure them all out. One advantage you have during the archery season is more lively talking of the elk. Get up high and listen for them, then try to cut the distance and talk back. Just a thought.

Ryan

In the past there was some that hung out around Roy yearround. I have permission to hunt a large ranch in the area.But since the drought hit the elk seem to have moved on.I would say Subblet would be a good bet (lots of water). Heglar also could be a good area. One year hunting deer I ran across elk near Hartley Canyon. I have cousin that hunts Bannock zone every year it sounds like he is ready to give up and hunt with me. I would try to talk with ranchers and farmers there they would have the best info for you.Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom