Lucky me!

6chukar

I love MM and don’t post much but this one hunt was special to me. I’ve had 3 archery tags before and luck just didn’t go my way. Stuck animals on all of them but it didn’t work out for one reason or another. I could write a book on it but I’m pretty sure any archery hunter has had similar experiences. I am a nonresident to Idaho and I usually apply for moose but haven’t had any luck drawing so this year I did deer, elk and antelope and drew an antelope unit that was easier to draw and an 11” average height of harvest. Just had to get the monkey off my back I guess.
I scouted for 2 days and saw 30 bucks but nothing to exciting. Found a great little seep for a blind a went for it. Threw out a cot the night before opener, then hiked in, in the dark. I was going to shoot the first decent buck that came in and wouldn’t you know it 20 minutes after sunrise on opening day this guy came in. Shot was so-so. Quartering to me at 35. Hit my spot and I’m finally on the board. Couldn’t be happier. Thanks Idaho.

A87615AD-5F46-4FDC-B1C8-A4FC95D8EB4F.jpeg

D1008D84-476C-46C8-B30D-751985C7530A.jpeg

Even though, as you put it, he's lacking in mass; he sure looks like something I'd be happy to slap down with any legal method of take. Congrats on a nice buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom