Luxe Tents vs. Kifaru vs. Seek Outside Any Input?

ELKLOVER

Has anyone on here used the Luxe 6 man or more importantly for me the 8 man tipi? I am thinking of ordering one, but am curious as to the quality. It would be great to hear from someone who has experience with Luxe, Seek Outside and Kifaru tipis. The Luxe is about half the cost of Kifaru. I know the fabric is polyester vs. Kifaru's Nylon. The Luxe 6 man is nylon though. The company told me that the larger 8 man does better with polyester because it doesn't sag as much as nylon when wet. Apparently smaller tents can get away with nylon and the sagging. That is one of the differences in price point. I do like the options for liners and floors etc. in the Luxe tent line. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I used the seek outside 8 man with the stove this fall and thought it was great. Fit 3 of us, our gear, weapons and firewood comfortably. I'll bring more stakes and guy lines next year to use lower on the tipi to expand the internal size along the edges.

I can only speak to the Luxe 6 man (Octopeak). Ive now used it for a backcountry Idaho mulie hunt, my Montana bull elk and deer tag. This is my first tipi so there was a learning curve. That being said I HAVE NOT BEEN IMPRESSED. On first setup in my yard to seam seal, the stitching at one of the stake out points tore. I emailed Luxe and their response was a graphic of how to set up the tent. Then while on my third hunt we had a good bit of wind (20-30G40) and the stitching at the apex of the tent started to tear. I adjusted the pole but the damage was already done. The stovepipe also cut damn near through the fireproof stove jack which would have rendered the tent useless in the cold we camped through. Honestly after this I will steer well clear of Luxe for tents. The Wild Wild West stove on the other hand worked flawlessly throughout the whole season. A baffled stove would be more efficient but for the cost/weight ratio I cant complain.

I used my Seek Outside 8 man with full liner this year. While I couldn't use the xl stove due to fire ban, the tent has worked great. I didn't like the style of stakes it came with, but that was an easy fix. If you plan to us the tipi with 3 or more guys consistently, consider going up a size.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom