Lyman Ezee Prime

stinky

Last night my Lee Hand-Prime broke. I don't really think that I've loaded that much ammo w/it...but I don't have an exact count.

I need some .38 Special ammo, badly, so today, I went to Sportsman's Warehouse and got a Lyman E-zee Prime hand primer.

I looked at a RCBS handpriming tool 1st, but for some reason, I didn't like it. At the moment, I found something about it that I didn't like, so I switched to the Lyman. Right now, I have no idea what that reason was...it was pretty much the same price.

Tonight, I went to prime some cases. On the 1st case, the primer went in upside down...about 3 cases later, sideways. I primed 8 cases total, and on none of them were the primers fulled seated. I am using a Hornady #6 shellholder (The Sportsman's website says that it accepts standard shell-holders...and also has a bad review for the same problem).

I don't like the fact, that w/the lid on, the primers can turn over.

I have a mind to take it back and exchange it for a Hornady ($5 more).

Any ideas?

John 14:6

Well, I took the Lyman back to Sportsman's, w/o issue. The only problem was that she asked, "Does it work correctly or does it just not do what you need it to do?" (or something like that) I was stumped because I thought that that it was not working correctly and it didn't do what I needed to do.

I got the RCBS. I went to Cabelas beforehand...man their selection stinks. They only had the Lyman. At Sportsman's I also checked out the new Lee. The Hornady was plastic wrapped, so I was limited there. They did not have the new Lee Bench Prime (but they had 3 types more than C's did).

I will post an update on how well the RCBS works, as soon as I test it out...tonight.

I talked to my friend, hes says that he loads 1,000's or rounds a year w/his Lee. He also said that he may have the part that I need.

I am going to make the part that I broke...not sure w/what yet.

Over the years I have used several.
I wore out a Lee, and wore out a RCBS as well.
I didn't like the ones attached to the press so I ended up with one like this:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/403299/k-and-m-primer-deluxe-hand-priming-tool

Mine doesn't have a light colored lever like the one Midway has pictured but everything else is the same. It utilizes Lee shell holders which are fairly inexpensive. Mine has seen lots of use and I can feel when the primer hits the bottom of the pocket.
Good luck in your search.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom