Lyman Rifle info please

H

Henry

I just obtained a Lyman Cougar stainless inline rifle, free.
If anyone owns this gun or knows about its quality or techincal data, please fill me in. Any info or personal experience welcome. It will be eight weeks until it ships, so I'm kind of curious. I think it has a 1-20 twist barrel? Oh-well, thanks.

Henry: Lyman makes a good rifle. I personally have not seen this model, but I will make some inquiries and see what I can find out. The 1:20 twist seems to be deviation from the norm.

I'm 99% certain that the cougar has a 1 in 24 twist. It is a good rifle especially for that price;) I have 3 friends that all have a cougar in .54 and they all shoot great. Lyman is no longer offering this rifle, but you shouldn't have any problem getting parts-if needed. Love my .54 Great Plains!

Sounds good, I think your right about the twist. I can only recall it's a little faster than the standard fast twist of 1-28 in.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-02 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]Henry: Prism is right. The twist on that rifle is 1:24 and from what the guy said that I talked to about it, it is a real tack driver if you take the time to work up the optimum load. Good find.

What's the caliber?

My wife made an excellent shot with the .54 caliber Lyman cougar 2 years ago on a 2 point around 175 yards away. She shoots a load of 100 grains of powder and a 275 grain hollowpoint sabot. It's topped with a 1X scope that she seems to like. A decent gun for the price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom