Madglasser desert Bucks

S

spcheuvront

Madglasser, tell us all what kind of growth
you are seeing on those trophy bucks you have
hidden in your secret desert hide-a-way.

Seriuosly, what kind of year do you think we will have antler wise?

I know more than just this old man cares what you think,
so tell us-----

Your Friend,

Steve Cheuvront

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-09 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]We are really staying green. More important is this will be 2 years in row of great feed, not only for the deer, but the sheep down here as well. We will see a great fawn recruitment this year. The bone will start increase because of the lack of stress over the last 2 years.

We all have our opinions on growth of horns, but I can say that these past 2 years has been better for the horn growth than 2 wet months in a year. We had a great winter- this will help our does bear their fawns and help them produce milk after they are born without depleting the does own inner resources.

I have several bucks starting on their G-2 G-3 splits and having very good brow tines. Lets just see how the rest of the time will play out.

How is the strip looking? I know good and well you have been making friends with some big ole wiley buck up there!

Lets see some pics Steve

Travis

Guys,
I going back up right after the 4th and will be scouting for about 10 days, I will let you know every thing I see.
Since I'm not good at posting pictures someone will have to help me.
Talk to you all in a couple weeks.

Steve Cheuvront

This isn't about big Muleys but it's an exciting time for scouting, even for elk and coues. Adding to what Travis said, this is the third year, first was decent and the last two great, in a row for elk and coues also. I actually put in for Muleys this year because of the big improvement with herds I've seen the last few years and I'm a dedicated coues guy.

Just got back from some scouting and picked up my first ever game cam pics. I definately need to adjust my angle and made some rookie mistakes but it wasn't all bad.

I also discovered the cause of the mysterious moving trail cams........ it's aliens. ;)

I actually got a few pics of animals.

This bull thought he was all that and then gave me the razzberry. :p

SUNP0014.jpg

SUNP0016.jpg

Then the Alien mother ship arrived

SUNP0027.jpg

And here are the aliens, they moved my cam 45degs and down.

SUNP0028.jpg

A turkey and coyote.

SUNP0033.jpg

SUNP0040.jpg

I did find a Coues shed on the bench close to the cam, that's what I'm really scouting for, and a matching pair of elk sheds above the bench. All-in-All a good deal.

DSC00599Small-1.jpg

No deer or bear pics, that's what I'm after.

Kent

Travis and all;

I just returned from 13B this afternoon.

It is dry , dry , dry!

Bickford and I spent about 2 weeks looking for a big antelope.
It's hard to get a good look at 3/4 of a mile, and running 60 miles an hour. I have very little experience with antelope, but it seems they are very skitish,sp?

We also did a little deer scouting while we were up there.
I will try to send some pictures of the biggest and most unusual
I saw. Travis are you around?

Steve Cheuvront

Steve, I'm here here. Got to go out on friday with WM craig Heath and help with some minor repairs on some waters. I really enjoy getting to do these kind of things. Anyone can go, its only a matter of asking.

Can't wait for results!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom