Maine moose hunt

jhibbs

Just wanted to let everyone know that they can put in for the Maine moose permit drawing from January 1st thru April 1st. The drawing is held in June, and Harvest rates usually exceed 80%.

It only costs a non-resident $13 to put in, another $478 if drawn, and $88 for a non-res big game license, which can be bought after a permit is drawn. Odds of drawing only run about 1.2%, which is about the same for residents (slim).

There are two seasons for moose, Sept 27th-Oct 2nd, and Oct 11th-16th. Bith seasons seem to produce equally well. Info can be found at www.us/ifw/hunttrap/moose.htm

And no, I don't work for Maine fish and game, but I enjoy hunting for monster muleys out west when I get the chance, and thought that some of you may be interested in trying for an eastern/canadian species of moose. Good luck in any and all the drawings that you put in for.

Thanks,
JHibbs

I assume you do not have a preference point system? I'd like to apply but know on a given year I couldn't make the hunt but would be nice to build a few points. I'll check out the website, thanks.

No prefernce - they do have bonus pnts. but to keep them you can never skip a year applying.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom