Making a reloading bench

C

cohntr6

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 00:10AM (MST)[p]I would like to make a reloading bench. I am worried I wont make it sturdy enough so I am hesitant. ANybody have a "recipe" for a small table for reloading equipment? Or refer me to a website, book, etc. tHanks, jeff

Thanks mammoth, I'll give them a try! Yep just like that other saying... "if it doesnt work get a bigger hammer"
Jeff

Old solid core doors work geat as they are really strong and sturdy.If a whole door is to big for a bench you can just cut it to the size needed.

I built one with a whole door and used 4x4's for the uprights,then braced it with some 2x4's.It's really sturdy.

I forgot one thing.If you tie it to the wall with another 2x4 screwed into a few studs,you will eliminate any movement.

BuckSnort done it the same way I did a number of years ago. Just cut the door to the size you want. Nailed a 2x4 across the wall, then used 4x4 for the legs. Rock solid and will not move and cheap to boot.

Brian

1/2 in steel plate 2 1/2 x 5ft "overkill" perhaps but it never moves, anchored to the wall (cement) with angle iron brackets

NRMA has an awsome set of plans for $5 I think. I built it and will tell you this it is plenty sturdy and a nice piece of furnature.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom