Man cave confusion

dillon

Very Active Member
My wife and I are going to be remodeling a house near Kamas Utah and I finally get a man cave...

The space is 6 feet wide and 30 feet long, has 8 inch cement walls, and no windows.

I only have a few guns and a bow so I don't need a huge gun room. I could probably shoot a bow in there in the winter.

I need some ideas.

Dillon

Is this under your front porch?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

put some shackles on the walls and kidnap some hookers.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I like homers idea ha ha. Otherwise 6 x 30? isn't very good usable space for any thing I can think of. Maybe a golf putting or small bowling alley. How about darts ?

Homer response was exactly what I was thinking. If you have a 6 foot wide wall I assume you could only use one side since most mounts smaller than an elk will be sticking out at least 30 inches. Good luck.

It was a walk-in closet. I will have my shoulder mounts and elk in other parts of the house. Maybe I will just use it as storage and a place to make arrows.

I say work with what you got, cement is cold throw up some hat track on the walls drywall over it put in some bright lights so you can see when working on your arrows.

put a do not disturb sign on the door with no entry unless you have beer. Oh yeah you will need one of those small refrigerator to keep the beer cold.

WiFi is important so you can access MM forums

Did I forget anything Eel? he usually has good or weird ideas. LOL

>put some shackles on the walls
>and kidnap some hookers.....
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

X2
Where you been Homer?

Baby cave maybe, Xmas stuff would fill that spot up. LOL
Man cave would be a 12x20 shed out back.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Only 6'wide, now that's a cave.
>

Sounds more like a tunnel ! Block half off put in a vault door. Use the other half for a reloading room. Hopefully it's 8 ft tall ?

Mold resistant drywall, preferably densarmour. Dehumidifier. Deadbolt door. Tongue and groove, shiplap, or even pallet wall. Tons of light.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

dillon,
I know you are a good family man so don't be trading her in over a man cave!
You need to think about what you want out of that space. For example if you really want to shoot your bow in the winter, then you immediately eliminate lots of things like dividing the room, putting trophies on the wall, etc. Do you reload? if not you don't need space for that. Hunting equipment storage, Big animals need vaulted ceilings to work, so that's out. Do you want a tv in there, etc. etc.
Once you've narrowed down what you can do, then use your imagination and I'm sure you can figure it out.

As was mentioned, Light is critical even with windows.

Best of luck

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-18 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]"The space is 6 feet wide and 30 feet long, has 8 inch cement walls, and no windows."

The first thing to do is put up a sign "No Farting" since there is no ventilation.

Edit: Then take up duck hunting so your mounts will fit.

Well there goes the hard boiled eggs with beer since farting is not allowed and too dangerous to health.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom