Man cave/trophy room

Soccerdude

I am in position to have a man cave/ trophy room. Love to see pictures of everyone's else's set up to gather ideas!

Go black!

84C72670-FD22-4288-B8C6-5195CBF8C09C.jpeg

Joe2kool, That is what I said to my boy after looking at some of the posts and he did not understand why I was embarrassed of my little room. He likes it so I posted it up. I just love seeing all the memories and I hope there are many more Memories to come. Can’t wait to have one like Marley some day. I real like the contrast of the black wall and the mounts. My wife always reminds me that I’m out of room and wonders why I keep mounting stuff, I just reply that someday I’ll will have more room to put stuff so I’m preparing now for the someday. ? FYI notdonhunting I have put some of those horns in my head over the years. Every time I do, I just say their getting even with me. ?

If you are passionate enough about hunting you will always run out of wall space, unless of course you have deep pockets and a forgiving companion. It appears that even Marley is out of space and he's still a young pup! Maybe an addition is in order? :oops:

Amazing trophy rooms!! I am extremely jealous. Almost all my stuff is hanging in the garage rafters. I have one sentimental buck on the wall and two antelope, one is my wife’s. Funny thing is, she would be fine if the whole house was full of heads. I might have to rethink my taxidermy budget
E84657FD-A762-4E00-9908-133CD4F53B2F.jpeg

Joe2kool, That is what I said to my boy after looking at some of the posts and he did not understand why I was embarrassed of my little room. He likes it so I posted it up. I just love seeing all the memories and I hope there are many more Memories to come. Can’t wait to have one like Marley some day. I real like the contrast of the black wall and the mounts. My wife always reminds me that I’m out of room and wonders why I keep mounting stuff, I just reply that someday I’ll will have more room to put stuff so I’m preparing now for the someday. ? FYI notdonhunting I have put some of those horns in my head over the years. Every time I do, I just say their getting even with me. ?

I'm not really embarrassed, but there are some nice rooms in these pics with some really impressive trophies. Yet, my first buck from almost 30 years ago - a really fine mulie forkie :) - is still hanging in there, along with my DIY euro mounts. I'll post a pic later. One thing I did was to put a rail across the entire width of the wall, in case there wasn't a stud to hang on.

I guess that I am blessed to have a wife that hunts. We have mounts in every room in our house except the bathrooms. She even has them in the kitchen.

Great stuff...IMHO one thing that can really make a room pop and take and even higher level is some earth tone walls rust grey-blue....sage AND some art bronzes paintings and the cool stuff you have found on the journey...

When we see pics of other man cave trophy rooms, we see the obvious taxidermy mounts, and really zoom in on the artwork and trophy quality of the animals. But, speaking for myself, when I look at my own trophy room, I see the first deer I ever took, the framed scorecard and newspaper article from 1971 of Dee Daddy's (grandpa's) hole in one, the competitive bird-watching letters from Granny Lu, my coin collection from the 1970's, DIY euro mounts, two skull caps taken on two separate DIY hunts in Iowa 3 years apart from the same tree with the same arrow - now broken hanging in the racks, plus dozens of other little items. Oh, and the "it must be Italian" lamp. :D

Obviously there are the taxidermy mounts of successful hunts, but it is the memories and memorabilia of good times, good hunts, good friends, and good family that makes each trophy room an individual trophy.

Hopefully some of the pics on this thread give you some good ideas!

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

IMG_9584.JPG

go with the tallest ceiling you can afford. You won’t regret it. My friend has 14ft walls and 16.5 at the peak. I really like it. Not to high but gives room to just keep adding stuff.

Deckdude keep the updates coming. This is a great thread. I am in the process of remodeling mine so I appreciate all the ideas.

Wow, all I can say is wow! You guys definitely have some serious trophy rooms on here! Really makes me wish I would have started earlier in life getting more serious about hunting. Very nice stuff, keep them coming!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom