Man it is a tough year to find the bucks!!!!

nebo

It has been a hard year for me to even find the bucks. It has been a very hot dry year not sure if it has something to do with it. We did have 3 bad winters and I know the numbers are down but it is ugly this year. has anyone else been having this problem??? Maybe stuff is coming out very late. Where would you look for them in this heat?? I have look low and high and hope things pick up soon.

Very much the same thing going on- at least for me on the Pine Valley unit. Very hot now but with lots of moisture this entire summmer. Even with the change from regions to units it seems like there have been lots of hunters around. Hopefully some people out there are getting some deer on the unit.

Anyone had any luck in PV or Zion units?

I spent a weekend in Utah a few weeks ago and we spotted the biggest deer I've ever seen in the state. He had 4 buddies that were arrow worthy and 5 others that need a few years. They were already bedded in the trees by 715. Get up to where you wanna be Before light and glass glass glass. It's hot and they don't want the sun on thier backs.

That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

We are not seeing them on the brushy hillsides as much as we normally do, but rather tucked away closer to the trees where they can get some relief from the heat.

Dark timber is where they are sitting out of the hot sun.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

same prob on pine valley unit. have found some big ones, but they are in some tough bow hunting country. have hardly seen any hunters tho. been nice.

I saw 50 bucks in 3.5 days. I got rained on every day I hunted. All 50 of those bucks were yearling bucks. I have never seen this many bucks in my ten years of bow hunting. I hope a few of these little bucks get through this fall and can grow up.

I am going out again next week for a few more days. Hopefully this round I can find a buck worth shooting.

I have never seen it rain so much on my unit during the archery hunt. I decided to go home a day earlier than I originally planned because it was flooding.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Yep I'm sure there are some out in the area I hunt but with 3 bad winters it has been on the decline. I do agree I haven't been out early in the morning and glassing this year due to many other commitments. I will get out early this week and see if I can spot a muture buck. I know I would find them in deep rough country while this weather stays hot.

We spent some time on the PV unit. It was HOT!!! We backpacked into an area where a creek is usually running but was dried up this year for some reason. We ran out of water and had to leave early.

The big bucks we saw were bedded down by the time the sun was up, 7am. The forked horns and smaller stayed out for another hour or so. You need to get to where they are or a vantage point with at least an hour to spare before light or you will miss them. I think we only saw one nice buck at dusk. Most are moving in the morning.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom