Manti Archery Elk - What's everyone seeing??

Mulieking12

I am helping a friend with his limited archery elk hunt this year on the Manti. So far we have hunted in the Fairview canyon area and have got in to a few groups of cows but we have yet to find any bulls.

It seems like the bulls are still nocturnal.

What is everyone seeing out there? Is anyone seeing bulls out feeding in the morning and evening?

We camped down there 2 weeks ago and the Bulls were still in Bachelor herds, still out feeding for an hour or more past sunrise.

Right now the bulls are just starting to split up. We have had bulls together on our cameras last week. They won't get serious about getting with cows for another week or so. Keep finding those cows and bulls will show up soon. The last week of the archery hunt is always the best. I always tell people that draw the archery hunt, if you are limited to time off to always use your time off the last week of the hunt.

The bulls that we had on water stopped hitting the watering holes that we are watching about 4 days before the hunt started. That's good to hear that they are hitting your cameras during daylight. The bulls that we were keeping tabs on were only hitting at night 10 pm to 3 am.

I know it gets better as the season goes, as I've taken numerous bulls during the archery hunt. I'm just trying to get my friend on some bulls early because he has more time constraints in the last 2 weeks of the hunt that can't be avoided.

I can't wait until September!! That's when it starts to get fun for me. I can't wait to toy with some bugling bulls.

All we saw on the opener were people and sheep! Both were everywhere. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

My buddy got it done on the last day, in the last hour of the hunt. He has appropriately called his bull "bottom of the ninth."

Josh Elk.JPG

Patience and persistence paid off. I’ve preached that to my sons for years. My son and his brother-in-law had the same result. Brother-in-law killed a nice bull late Friday afternoon. Congratulations, great looking bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom