Manti Bull hits the dirt!!!!

crimedog

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-16 AT 12:54PM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p]Wow I can't say it more then that just wow. That was a rush. My cousin who was helping me has been watching bulls now for a few weeks. Last Wensday Night he put this one to bed in a nice little pocket that there was no way into other then an old "trail" that the lion hunters use in the winter or to hike into. Thursday Night we glass we see one really nice bull, and a Piebald bull that only would go about 300. Same again on Friday.

Saturday Morning. We are in the area we saw the big bull and have him calling to us. As we are making are play we suddenly hear atv;s come in above us on the trail and he bolts. We hike back nobody there. A little later they come walking out of the trees saying they were checking trail cams. The girl with them suddenly goes, yeah we have a muzzle tag and are just riding around to do to mess people up. (says it trying to joke) so yes they were in there messing up others to save this bull.

Sunday morning We again have the big bull bugling at us and comes to with in 30 yards of our cow call but will not come out of the trees. Our spotter is on the far hill going crazy, He can see us, can see the bull but can't figure out why we aren't shooting. We never saw him.

Sunday night we decide to go after the bull that nobody can get to. We park way high, Walk down into the edge of the medow with the wallow on the other side. just after we are there we hear him bugle. We wait no calling. just at sundown the cows come out. He follows and gives us the first look but with the sun I lose him in the scope. He moves down below the cows and we can't see him. Wait about 15 minutes he comes back. At this point I am so excited I am just shaking. I finally get a second of calm and put one just in front of his front shoulder. He hunches up, turns, starts moving then we here this loud crash. He moved about 25 yards and piled up. 140 grain federal accubond at 200 yards. It was a blast. What a rush. At this point we had cell service and called in the troops to first go up top and get our wheelers, then they came up the lion trail got to us around 10:30 and we got him loaded up and off the mountain at midnight!! It was a great time and so worht the wait

5038592312.jpg

Congrats on a nice bull. To bad people try to mess with other Hunters. You pushed through it and was rewarded. Thanks for posting pics.

Pretty sweet bull right there..!! I have to say, a Piebald bull would be pretty cool to see too... :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Congrats on a great bull!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Thats a good looking bull ! Congrats ! I know a lot of people that ate tag soup this year. You did good !

That surprises me. There were more Elk then I have seen in years. We had mutliple bulls spotted just in 6 mile. I thought for sure this would be a near 100% hunt this year.

Tax returns are finally in and the Bull is at the Taxidermist (he's had the hide I've had the antlers) I know it's still a bit aways from getting him back but wow now I'm getting excited again about it!! It's the hunt that keeps on giving!!

Be sure to share the pics of the finished product. You did real good. One of these days I need to get after a big bull.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I plan on posting finished products of him when I get him back. I feel like it's may of last year all over again. I drew the tag but now have to wait...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom