Manti Central Mountains

Westernization

Anybody hunting this unit and heard of anything that’s been taken so far? My mom has the muzzleloader tag and I can’t wait any longer for it to get here so I had to ask. Figure it will either help hold me over or put the day dreams into overdrive. Probably the latter. Thanks

Usually the le archery hunters don't take anything serious until after labor day. I haven't seen much yet.

Havent heard of much yet. I know a couple guys with tags and seen some people hunting while i was scouting but haven't really seen anything dead yet.

I know two guys with archery tags - nothing dead yet. Should start heating up after this holiday weekend.

Thanks guys. Thought it might be a little early but I couldn’t help asking. I’m with you Azguy. I think I’m as excited or more than my mom and she’s the one with the tag.

Haven't seen anything impressive yet. A few average elk taken, that I know of. My wife has a muzzy tag also this year. Hope to get a few more scouting trips in before season. Too many mountain maggots in the area now.
Anybody hunting this unit and heard of anything that’s been taken so far? My mom has the muzzleloader tag and I can’t wait any longer for it to get here so I had to ask. Figure it will either help hold me over or put the day dreams into overdrive. Probably the latter. Thanks

Saw a pic of a 400" bull taken during archery. It still had most of it's velvet attached... Sorry I don't have a pic of him though

A hunter from Connecticut asked me to cape out his bull yesterday. 320" bull. Most bulls I've seen this year have finished out nicely. Back ends are better than usual, making them look bigger than they really are.

A hunter from Connecticut asked me to cape out his bull yesterday. 320" bull. Most bulls I've seen this year have finished out nicely. Back ends are better than usual, making them look bigger than they really are.
What do you think, will I be in some rutting elk starting next Monday??

Good to hear as for the growth. I have seen some good bulls this year. Can't wait only 4 more days till o. the mountain having fun.

Fun hunt, bulls were fairly vocal, plenty of shoulder room. Did see a few bigger but overall very happy! Thanks for everyone’s help. Beautiful time of year up there.

31F08659-DC34-4966-BAC4-E5C8D8576C9A.jpeg

BE81F38D-DD3F-4258-A42C-3BBEA92A29E3.jpeg

7B5DEB73-963F-4183-A2E0-E6A711B8BCC0.jpeg

Fun hunt, bulls were fairly vocal, plenty of shoulder room. Did see a few bigger but overall very happy! Thanks for everyone’s help. Beautiful time of year up there.

View attachment 54140

Gorgeous bull!!

I have enough points to be very dangerous in the running to pull this tag as a NR; bow almost guarantee, rifle and muzzy in the strong running.

Gorgeous bull!!

I have enough points to be very dangerous in the running to pull this tag as a NR; bow almost guarantee, rifle and muzzy in the strong running.
I drew in the random as a NR. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those hunts honestly!

I drew in the random as a NR. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those hunts honestly!

I (we) hunted it 2015 late season. I used to have my sights set on the nearly impossible San Juan unit. Pretty sure I'm switching to Central Manti...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom