Manti early rifle elk

Snipes3

I found out I just drew my Manti Central Mountain’s limited elk tag with 14 points. I’m super stoked as I didn’t think I had a chance. I have not hunted this area before and I am looking for area directions (not exact spot unless you’re the coolest person ever) or tips on how the best way to hunt this area. I plan to scout this summer leading up to this hunt as my younger brother drew this same tag but for archery so that’s a plus for the scounting. I want to get off main roads for better luck and I do have access to horses. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's a big unit with a lot of elk! One of the main roads that goes from the north end of the unit to the south end is Skyline Drive. There are numerous access points to Skyline Drive. Any canyon off of Skyline can and will hold elk at different times. Find a high point and start glassing and you should be able to find elk. It's hard to get away from roads on this unit and horses are a definate help especially for the pack out. Another thing to keep in mind is there are a TON of sheep on the unit. This can move the elk around as the sheep herders move the sheep around. Have a fun hunt!

Stay near Skyline Dr., that will give you the best vantage points for glassing. I'd be shocked if you don't get into a whole mess of them by your first or second day

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom