Manti Elk

Wes

Very Active Member
I know it's a little late in the app process but I've been so busy working and trying to finish our house time has slipped by. I'm sitting on 20 points this year and looking to burn em. Thought about the Wasatch multi season but all the info I'm getting is not too good. Thinking about the Manti. Just hoping to get some last minute thoughts
Thanks
Wes

Last edited:
I know of 2 guys with 22 points doing Multi Season for Wasatch. So I would be careful with that one, if you are wanting to hunt now.

second the Manti.
I hunted general Wasatch last year for the first time in about 10 years. Hunted where I always did and would always see 330 class bulls and a few 350ish. Last year I saw one but that might go 330. I was shocked at the lack of bulls and also just the lack of elk from what I was used to seeing.

Thanks guys. According to last years odds I should draw, but according to earlier odds I should have drawn last year also. Hopefully the statute of limitations has run out and I'm off the naughty list for raising hell at the meetings and calling the head of the DWR corrupt ;)
Wes

Are you talking about the Manti Multi Season? It took 22 points to get the tag for sure last year. Not sure 20 will get you the tag unless you get really lucky.

Which unit do you know best? A premium tag gives you access to which ever season coincides with the rut best.

There were some great bulls shot off both units last year. If you’re going DIY I would recommend the unit you know best.

As Turkinator said, you can’t rely on 20 to get you a premium multi-season Manti tag, and you’re likely several years away from that one.

Assuming all things remain static, there are 21 people remaining in the draw with more points than you, and 8 more with your same amount. There are 7 bonus tags. Yes, you could get lucky and draw one from the random pool, but you might also win the lottery and by the statewide tag before that too.

Assuming you don’t pull a random tag, you’re a minimum of 4 years and possibly 6 years away from drawing the Manti multi-season elk tag. And that’s assuming they don’t decrease tags or have anyone with more points than you pool jump over to this hunt. I know of at least one person with more points than 20 that is considering it.

I was thinking just a Manti rifle tag when I responded 20 should do it.

I thought about the multi season but went with the early season instead.
Thanks
Wes

I have helped several family members and friends on the Mantis. It's a great unit, if you are willing to put in the time and work.

i put in for the multi le elk in the manti. and ifn i draw i plan on archery hunt / scout for the last 10 days of the archery, and roll in to the rifle and hope to find a good bull, i have 21nonres pts. gave up on the dutton and boulder,

Dang you biggergun. I have 20 NR points and applied for same tag. I knew someone would jump. Hope you draw the bonus tag and nobody jumps in front of you. Prices really jumped this year. I normally apply for early rifle but my niece is getting married on the opener so I figured, Why not try multi season? Maybe I’ll draw the other permit and we will both be hunting. I put in for an Antelope tag I should draw if not, so that’s ok. I’m getting close. I think?. Good luck to you in the draw. My Dad had early rifle in 2013. Should be a fun hunt. Keep us posted!

If I had the time I’d rather have a multi in a mid-tier unit than a 7-10 day shot at a more covered one.

i was not even considering the multi until some guys i have been talking to about hunting elk in ut said, you should put in for the multi if i was going to be in the unit scouting you might as well be hunting. so the more i thought about it, it made sense.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom