Manti Late

Ultrahunter

I lucked out and drew a Late Manti Bull Elk tag. Anyone got any pics of bulls taken on this hunt? The wait is killing me! Hopefully some of you have some pics to get me by!

25593img20161201153659.jpg

89545img20170127073833691.jpg

Here's a bull from last year on the late hunt. Scored right at 360.

The weather was warmer than usual last year. It left a lot of the bulls in areas that were tougher to get to. We looked at nearly a hundred bulls before we found this one. Had to do a couple mile dash to beat the dark, and my friend made a 650 yard shot to put him down. Packed him out the next day when we were both supposed to be back to work.

For what it's worth I helped a friend on that hunt several years ago. My friend and his brother hunted every day of the season and never saw a bull of the caliber posted above. That was with snow on top. He ended up killing a rag horn 6 for meat on the last weekend.
I share that not to discourage but to make sure you know it can be a very tough hunt. Plenty of elk but the big bulls get very scares that time of year.
Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the thoughts. I realize that those bulls are hard to find. Hell, ive hunted my whole life and never seen a bull like those during any hunting season. My hopes for this hunt are simple..... Have a good hunt in a good unit where its POSSIBLE to kill a bull like those. I could have held out for who knows how many years and pulled a "better" tag i suppose. But im an elk hunter im not in the points game to draw points. Im in it to hunt. I may shoot a smaller bull or not shoot one at all, who knows. But at least this summer im thinking about the big guys! Congrats to you and your partner. Im sure you had a good time! Thanks again for the reply.

Ultra
That's the perfect Perspective to have for that hunt. We did have fun looking at thousands of elk.
I had no idea finding a late season bull was so hard and I think lots of tag holders go into that hunt expecting big bulls to be plentiful. But with your attitude I'm sure you will have a blast. I'd be excited if it were my tag too.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes

>I lucked out and drew a
>Late Manti Bull Elk tag.
>Anyone got any pics of
>bulls taken on this hunt?
>The wait is killing me!
>Hopefully some of you have
>some pics to get me
>by!

Best of luck tomorrow. Hope you have success and post a pic of an awesome bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom