Manti rifle hunt???

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
A friend just got called and was randomly selected for a Manti rifle hunt. He has zero time to look into it so is looking at an outfitted hunt. He called Wild Eyez outfitters and talked to them for a guided hunt as they had a cancellation available. They'd stay in town and be guided one-on-one but have other scouts out glassing other areas. Anyone ever heard of any feedback on this outfitter as I've not found much with my very quick search?

If your buddy has any elk hunting experience at all he doesn't need a guide to be successful on the Manti. There are elk in every canyon along the skyline drive.

He's only taken 1 cow in about 10 years of hunting so blindly going into an area you've never set foot in is not what he wants to do. Plus he'd like to get a "good" bull and since he's not seen too many, having an experience guide there to tell him if it's an average bull or a shooter would be a great benefit. For a 19-20 pt unit, it's likely a once in a lifetime tag so I think having a guide is a good choice for him.

A friend just got called and was randomly selected for a Manti rifle hunt. He has zero time to look into it so is looking at an outfitted hunt. He called Wild Eyez outfitters and talked to them for a guided hunt as they had a cancellation available. They'd stay in town and be guided one-on-one but have other scouts out glassing other areas. Anyone ever heard of any feedback on this outfitter as I've not found much with my very quick search?

Do not use him!!!!!
We hooked up with him for a day in 2017 "he knew where bulls were"
Long story short we sat above some fields for a few hours and he called it a day. Wanted us to pay his buddy to get into the fields.

I know him. He lives there on the unit. The reason you probably are not finding much on him through a search is because they haven't been a licensed guiding service for much more than a few years now if I remember correctly. I will say that he has hunted that unit his whole life and spends more time on that mountain than anyone I know. I have a lot of respect for him so when I saw a previous negative post on this thread I just thought I should share my two cents. Anyways, good luck on your friends hunt! My wife has that same tag this year and things are looking great! PM me if you have any questions.

Filled his tag last nite with a very nice 5 x 6. You can see it on the Wild Eyez Instagram page. Happy hunter headed to a taxi shop then headed home today!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom